Search for content in message boards

Did Diocletian Davis, St. Helena, LA, m. d/o John Kent, E. Feliciana, LA?

Replies: 0

Did Diocletian Davis, St. Helena, LA, m. d/o John Kent, E. Feliciana, LA?

Posted: 11 Jul 2011 7:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Davis, Kent, Harrell
Robert Parker posted the following message to the St. Helena Parish, Louisiana USGenWeb site Queries 2001-2002:
http://theusgenweb..org/la/sthelena/query4.htm

Robert Parker February 18, 2001
Following are the ST Helena surnames that I am researching: Parker, Davis, Hooper, Kemp, Womack, Henderson, Harrell, Kent, Kendrick, Fluker, Sharkey, Sessions. (Henderson, Harrell, and Kent were all East Feliciana families who married into one of the above St Helena families. Mary D. Harrell married John Bailey Kent whose daughter Missouri Ann Kent married Dio C. [Dioclesian] Davis. Missouri Ann Kent had a brother, Thomas H. Kent. The estate of Mary D. Harrell and John Bailey Kent was probated in St Helena. I have a copy of it. Middleton Gasden Henderson married Permelia Ann Womack of St Helena. Their daughter Johanna married John Bailey Davis.)--- Robert Parker---

Unfortunately, Robert's e-mail address is no longer valid. Therefore, I'm posting this reply in hopes that Robert will find it and contact me.

I descend from the KENT family of East Feliciana Parish. With Robert's above leads, I compared recent findings on the Web against my 1977 research notes from LDS films of parish records. Based on considerable circumstantial evidence, I have concluded that the subject Diocletian C. Davis LIKELY married daughters of John Bailey Kent and Mary D. Harrell: (1st) Elvira Eliza J. Kent on 31 OCT 1848 in E. Feliciana Pa., LA and (2) Missouri Ann Kent on 8 FEB 1852 in St. Helena Par., LA. Details of my research can be seen starting with my RootsWeb World Connect database page for Diocletian, linked below:

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&d...

If you have any info that supports or disproves my above conclusions, please post a reply and/or contact me directly.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions