Search for content in message boards

BENJ. WELLS m 1817, St. Helena, to Elizabeth Splane

Replies: 3

Re: BENJ. WELLS m 1817, St. Helena, to Elizabeth Splane

Posted: 20 Jul 2011 11:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SPLANE/WELLS
I really appreciate your reply and certainly didn't expect it within minutes!!
I made a trip to St. Helena courthouse in 1973, but was so new to genealogy and had such a limited time there.
I've collected much on this hard-to-search family since then, but still know absolutely nothing about Elizabeth and her husband Benjamin. A "cousin" said he saw that a Benjamin Wells witnessed a deed in St. Mary Parish in 1826; that's where Alexander Rigby Splane (another brother of Elizabeth) practiced law, but we don't know if it was the same Benjamin. When Thomas Splane, Sr. made application for pension due for his service in the Revolutionary War, he said that he and his wife no longer lived together, but that the wife lived with their daughter, Elizabeth Wells, in St. Helena Parish. That application was dated 4 Sep 1826, so Elizabeth was still alive at that time; I know nothing more about her. Would really be interested in knowing if they had children, their death date, etc.
I've done research on my families and those of my husband since about 1971 and still love to find out some new fact about all those people!
Thanks again for your reply.

Charlotte Tucker
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cmtgwt 20 Jul 2011 2:40PM GMT 
DADunnington 20 Jul 2011 5:01PM GMT 
cmtgwt 20 Jul 2011 5:32PM GMT 
DADunnington 22 Jul 2011 7:37PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic