Search for content in message boards

St. Philip Catholic Church - Tornado/Cyclone - August 24,1924

Replies: 4

Re: St. Philip Catholic Church - Tornado/Cyclone - August 24,1924

Posted: 26 Mar 2012 10:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Haydel, Waguespack, Rome, Troxclair
Mr. Hubbell - I watched your videos from your presentation at the historical society. Elia and Stephen Haydel were my great-great grandparents. Their daughter Rose Alice and son-in-law Louis Rome were my great grandparents and I had the pleasure of knowing them in my childhood (I am in my early 40 now). They occasionally talked about the tornado, and talked about how they lost the big house (Laura Plantation) after the tornado (they were very sad - I don't think they had intended on leaving). My grandmother (Marie Antoinette Rome Troxclair) is still alive as is my grandfather (Jules Pierre Troxclair). My grandmother was born at Laura and didn't go to the Church for the festivities (she was only 1, so she only remembers the stories). I think my great-uncle had just been born (Stephen Rome, Sr.) and they were at home with him (at least that's the story that we hear). I would appreciate a copy of the newspaper articles if you have them. Thank you for sharing a bit of my history. joliestrohmeyer@gmail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
djhubb69 7 Feb 2009 2:07PM GMT 
BarbaraMunson... 7 May 2011 3:18AM GMT 
djhubb69 5 Jun 2011 4:44PM GMT 
BarbaraMunson... 5 Jun 2011 5:13PM GMT 
joliestrohmey... 27 Mar 2012 4:01AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions