Search for content in message boards

Descendants of James William Ellis

Replies: 1

Re: Descendants of James William Ellis

Posted: 24 Jun 2012 2:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi. John Ellis grandson of George Mathew Ellis. I too have been searching for Great-Grandfather and have found numerous marriage and death notices for the my grandfather's family but nothing for Great-Grandfather. I found great-grandmother's resting place and dates of death and burial which are wrong in RootsWeb.

I even went over to Roseland 2 weeks ago because I had found mention of a Ellis Cemetery on Ellis Road. (Apparently there were a lot of Ellis' in Roseland, even a famous one but not a direct relative of mine.) Unfortunately the cemetery is behind a locked gate and all grown over but I'm going to try and contact the parish administration to see who is charge of it and maybe get more info. I only have a short time left here in Louisiana and will be returning to California soon.

If you still need info about some other relatives that I can help with, let me know. I know your post was 10 years ago and maybe you've already found out everything you need, in which case, you could maybe fill me in on some of the family I'm looking for.

John Ellis
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Siddos 24 Sep 2002 7:24PM GMT 
jellis1947 24 Jun 2012 8:42PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic