Search for content in message boards

webb family

Replies: 1

Re: webb family

Posted: 16 May 2011 1:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Whittington Youngblood
I believe that Young J. Webb was the son of Charles Rhodes Webb. He is found in the 1850 Fed Census in Madison Co, LA in the HH of Charles R. Webb and Susannah.

I believe that Susannah was at least the 2nd wife of Charles Rhodes Webb. It seems as though I have seen that his 1st wife was Laney Griffith. I need to check that out.

Note the child of this couple, Charles R. Webb age 2 b. LA.

The Missouri State Archives contains a scan of the death certificate for I believe the same person. His name was Charles Rhodes Webb of St Louis, MO b. to Charles Webb of MS and Mary Gibson of MS. b. 4 April 1848, LA d. 4 Feb 1931, St Louis, MO. Informant was a Mrs. R. A. Elsey.

I believe that his father, Charles Rhodes Webb, SR is the same person found in Amite Co, MS in 1860.

In 1836 a Charles R. Webb stood bond in Amite Co, MS for the marriage of my gg-grandparents, Moses Whittington and Nancy Youngblood.

Further, Charles Rhodes Webb Sr was named executor of his grandfather, Charles Rhodes', estate. This in Amite Co, MS.

Young J. Webb served the Confederacy in the Civil War. Co C, 31st Inf, Louisiana.

I have not researched this family a great deal. (I am trying to find out who Nancy Youngblood's parents were. She is a brick wall for me.)

Best,
C Spencer
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
truegal 27 Feb 2010 6:51PM GMT 
geofiz1 16 May 2011 7:39AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions