Search for content in message boards

Dulac Plantation

Replies: 8

Re: Dulac Plantation

Posted: 6 Sep 2002 9:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Nov 2004 9:48PM GMT
Well, first let me explain. My last name is not DuLac, it is Buquet a good clean French name. My father's ancestors are from France, my mother's from Nova Scotia. Of course I am sure her real ancestors came from the European continent, France, also. Her family was one of the Acadian families run out of north east Canada by the English, because they refused to swear allegience to the King of England. Enough of that. The name Dulac is french for "The lake". And in the parish (probably your equivenient of county) of Terrebonne, where I live, there is a lake in the south central part named Lake Dulac. So, you see it basically is in essence, "Lake Lake". *G*. There is a plantation just north west of the lake, and it is Dulac Plantation. It is quite small now, and there is no longer sugar cane or cotton grown there. The relatives of mine who live on it have a couple of horses, a shrimp processing plant, and there is a U S Post Office. On what was once the plantation there now stands quite a few homes and numerous businesses, mostly affiliated with the fishing industry and the oil field industry. Dulac was owned by my great-uncle, Aubin Buquet. His decendants now own it. They in fact are the part of the family whom we refer to as the rich Buquets. Please do understand that we do not us the reference in a dark light. By that I mean there is no hate or dislike for our relatives. They bought the plantation so we never owned it. I hope this has helped in some way. I know of no one by the name of DuLac, thought it is quite possible that the surname does exist. I hope this has been of some use to you. I was surprised to see your post. I hardly ever post in message rooms. They are too slow, and I forget to check them. In this case it is one which pops up. Otherwise I might have never received your's. If I can be of any further help, my email is godfrey@cajun.net. Incidentally, I am in the state of Louisiana. I did not notice where you are, if you posted it. I hope you and yours have a wonderful day and life. GJB.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Linda 25 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT 
godfreybuquet 12 May 2000 12:00PM GMT 
shelleywheele... 6 Sep 2002 5:23PM GMT 
docmo 7 Sep 2002 3:22AM GMT 
JudithMurphy4... 21 Feb 2003 6:00AM GMT 
Estelle244 3 Feb 2010 8:04PM GMT 
Godfrey217 8 Apr 2012 2:06PM GMT 
beblu 31 Aug 2001 10:55AM GMT 
debwood379 25 Oct 2009 2:05PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic