Search for content in message boards

Family names of Billiot, Foret, Gregorie, Liner

Replies: 5

Re: Family names of Billiot, Foret, Gregorie, Liner, Roubion

Posted: 1 May 2011 1:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 May 2011 1:28PM GMT
Surnames: Eris, Iris
It seems Marie Enerisse, Marianne Eris, Iris, Arice, etc. is a mystery ancestor for many of us. Since a couple of spellings of her surname (Iris, Eris) are Hebrew in origin, has anyone checked into the possibility that was part of her ethnicity, also? I am not certain of what I've read about her. To quote: "The 'only' information in the document which could be interpreted as evidence of "partial Indian parentage" is a reference to Marianne Iris as a "FWOC" (free woman of color)." What part of the
investigation can the conclusion be drawn that she was Indian when (FWOC/FMOC) was applied to blacks, indians, jews, moors, middle easterners, asians and all other ethnic groups not lily white. I probably am expecting a lot, but I would love to see documentation of her ethnicity, parentage, place of birth, siblings if any; I just don't know where to start.

As she is one of my ancestors, I seek to know the truth about her, whether she is indian or not and I welcome any who share the search for her true identity to give me ideas or input.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
gladys a bailey 20 May 2004 3:07PM GMT 
venhuff 30 Jan 2005 4:18PM GMT 
Laurel_Ann 31 Jan 2005 2:30PM GMT 
celinaantolin... 1 May 2011 7:19PM GMT 
Laurel_Ann 2 May 2011 3:20AM GMT 
celinaantolin... 3 May 2011 1:02AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic