Search for content in message boards

Thompson and Dial

Replies: 60

thompson's

donna thompson (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2001 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: thompson, Droddy, dial
thank you for responding to my inquiries. Iam not very good with this computer and I have ask my sister to contact you for info. I'm afraid I may not be able to retreive info. sorry for the inconvenience! You sent me a chart and thompson family history, but I was unable to figure out how to download,etc. Is their another way for me to get this info from you, in case my sister is not successful?
Re: thompson's: My grandfather was Matthew Thompson, brother to Ernest Thompson and son of Wade and Eliza Thompson. Note that Eliza and Pocahontas Dial were sisters!
Ernest and Matthew Thompson have one living brothe alive near Plainview school named Ed Thompson. There may be a sister living named Lilly. Most of the Thompson' are buried at Occupy 1 church(ten mile). I spoke with my father today and he remembers Aunt Pocahontas and Grandma Eliza. My Uncle, Earl Thompson(Matthew's son) lives in Oakdale and owns a gas station there. He is the oldest child of Matthew Thompson and Ethel Droddy(whom is living at 91). Aunt Pocahontas lived with Earl Thompson in her later years. I have following dates: Eliza Dial(Doyle) mother to Ernest and Matthew was born Jan.14,1880-Jan.16,1965. Wade Thompson May 20,1858-Jan.21,1932. Some of their children were Matthew,Julius, Ernest and Jim. I'm not sure if Ed and Lilly Thompson were half brother and sister to them. I think they were.
My grandmother was a Droddy(Ethel). Her father was Mazlee Droddy and her grandfather was Sam Droddy. We also beleive the great grandfather to be Adney Droddy. perhaps the one that came over? We don't know! There's also some Droddy's in Virginia that are related. My grandmother Ethel remembers many stories of aunt Pocahontas and her mother in law , eliza. She recalls them being Indian with long dark hair. My aunt edna mae bass, grew up with Eliza(her grandmother). In regards to the Droddy's, my grandmother beleives that the ancestor came over as a very young man. Two brothers came with him and stayed for 20 years and then left and returned to their country. This is only verbal hearsay. Sam Droddy married Mary Ware!
Thank you for sending the info on the Johnson's. I beleive the one in Cravens could be my grandfather. He is buried in Pitkin at Blue Branch , as well as his parents and grandparents. There is also a Dial(Doyle) graveyard that my father has spoken of. Very small and in the woods, somewhat difficult to reach. Do you have any info. on the Wisby's ? I hope that you will receive this info and I apologize for being so illeriate on this computer. I'm afraid I will not be able to find myself back to this forum, as this is the first time I have done any type of responding,etc. I beleive there is a family connection. Perhaps, your wife and I have the same grandparents down the line. I would love to see the thompson family history and the chart.thank you and i hope to hear from you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Linda Thompson 22 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT 
John Sullivan 1 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT 
nbcfanning 2 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT 
John Sullivan 10 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT 
donna thompson 13 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT 
DarleneDu44 8 Oct 2006 7:32AM GMT 
thompsoon 15 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Thomps0n 15 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Ann West 4 Aug 2001 4:37PM GMT 
John Sullivan 4 Aug 2001 5:50PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions