Search for content in message boards

Researching Degruy/De Gruy & Allied Families

Replies: 0

Researching Degruy/De Gruy & Allied Families

Posted: 24 Aug 2008 8:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Greetings,

I administer the Degruy@Rootsweb list. We've been thinking that perhaps if we submit a list of some of the families allied to our Degruys, we might find researchers "out there" who might be interested in sharing research on some of these names. So below you will find a list of some of our related names. We are limiting this to our Louisiana [and maybe a couple of Mobile] names. We're not listing the European connections.

If anyone wants to respond, here are some options: you could join the Degruy list and submit your contributions and queries to the list. That would make sense if you have a lot of interconnections. If not, you could respond to me at the following address and I will then submit your email to the Degruy list and ask anyone relevant to your research to contact you. If you do this please use this email:

listadministratordegruyl@earthlink.net

This is an "experiment." We'll just have to take it step by step and see how it goes.

Thanks for any participation.

Renee

Here are some of our names:

Arroyo Aufrere Autin Babin Bachemin Badou Bailly Basse Baudean Baudier Bayard Beebe Bel Belsome Berard Bienvenu Bobe Bodin Boisblanc Bonneval Bourgeois Bourgogne Boutte Bouvier Brandon Breaux Bretton Brown Dorgenois Broussard Brown Cabiro Carel Caricabere Cassard Casterade Cavaroc Cazenavette Celestin Champagne Chapron Charbonnet Chauvin Chevalier Coignard Cooper Couturier Cressy Cunningham Daiz Dauterive Decuir De Gruy Degruy Degruise DeLaCroix Delery Delpit Delvaille DeMonberault DePigny Derbes Descloseaux Desmare Dias Dufouchard Duplantier Dupont dit le Kintrek Durel Durand Edy Falgout Faust Fazende Ferrandou Forno Forstall Fortier Foucher Gaiennie Ganucheau Garic Gaudet Giguel Glapion Gonsoulin Gubler Guidroz Guerin Guidry Guillemot dit La Lande Harang Hepp Herzog Heyl Hoerner Hotard Huxelle Jacquet Judice Junqua Lacour LaCourse Laissard/Layssard Lalande LaLoire LeBlanc Lemelle LeMothe Livaudais Marmillion Matherne Maupas Mazerat McAdams Melancon Melbourne Merrill Mestayer Michelet Monbereau Mossy Nicaud Noques Nunes Oden Olivier Patin Patout Pendleton Perrin Perrin-Jacquet Pery Picou Planchard Poujol Price Pruet Ray Rigaud Rigob Rivet/Rivette Robichaux Ruth Saint Preux Saulet Sauton Theriot Toups St. Amand St. Pe/ St. Pre/ St. Preux Salomon Sauton Schneidau Seghers Shaw Seuzeneau Tabony Trosclair Verloin Villeneuve Villarubia Villere Wrigley Zamora Zeringue

PS: Our progenitor also had the names Dumenil/ DuMesnil, Valentin, Fouchard, de la Folie [some of these may have been European family names or titles, so I don't know if there's any point in including these at this point. In the beginning Antoine Jean-Baptiste Valéntin Du Mésnil Fouchart Verloin spelled his "last name" as Degruysverloin [all one word with an umlaut on the y.] Eventually that became Verloin DeGruy.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions