Search for content in message boards

BAKER, COBB cemetery

Replies: 4

Re: BAKER, COBB cemetery

Posted: 2 Feb 2012 6:55AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Kimball, Layson, Mackay
I also descend from George W. Kimball and Patience Cobb through their son, Lewis Alston Bolen Cobb Kimball. My grandmother was his daughter. Her name was Georgiana Kimball Mackay. She was married to Frederick Mackay. The story I was told is this: Pharoah Kimball was engaged to be married. One day, while building a house for himself and fiance, she drove up (in a carriage) with another man. They proceeded to laugh at Pharoah and the two men got into a fight during which the other man was accidentally killed. Judge Kimball sent Pharoah to Kentucky where he assumed the name of Robert Milton Layson. Georgiana located Layson family members and communicated with them. At that time they were not aware that his real name was Pharoah Cobb Kimball. My cousin Elizabeth Mackay had copies of letters regarding this. Sadly, she died a month ago. I will try to locate them and will get in touch if I find them. Pharoah was Georgiana's uncle.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Ewprichard 16 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT 
AnnKershner 17 Jan 2010 7:19PM GMT 
Ewprichard 24 Jan 2010 3:19AM GMT 
bbburke436 24 Apr 2011 1:54AM GMT 
AnnKershner 2 Feb 2012 1:55PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions