Search for content in message boards

Hudson Family

Replies: 0

Hudson Family

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 1:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hudson, Early, Posey, Gready, Palmer, Carter
I am researching the Hudson Family of West Feliciana and running into a few dead ends. My great-great grandmother was Lillian Hudson (b. 1877), who moved to New Orleans and married William Radecker. Her siblings were Henry (b. 1876) and Marietta (b. 1879). Their parents were Robert Hudson (b. 1844), who served in the Civil War in Austin's Sharpshooters and was a farmer, and his wife Mary F. (last name unknown) who was likely born 1855 in LA to parents from AL and NC). Robert's parents were Henry Hudson (b. 1804 in MD?-1850) and Mary Gready Posey (1815-1893). Their other children were Erastus A. Hudson (b. 1847), Martha Ann Hudson Early (m. Thomas W. Early), Henrietta Hudson (m. Charles B. Austin), and Margaret Hudson. Mary Gready Posey was a daughter of Margaret Palmer, daughter of Archibald Palmer and Hannah Carter. Have found a good amount of info on the Carter line, but not much on the Palmers or Greadys.
My questions are: Where did Henry Hudson come from and any other info on his family? Any information on Erastus--marriage, death? Any information on Mary F., wife of Robert--who were her parents, where did they live? What happened to Robert and Mary F. Hudson--last info I can find is the 1880 census where they own a farm and Mary Posey Hudson owns neighboring farm and raising the Early children. Any more info on Robert and Mary's children Henry and Marietta; what became of them?
Thanks so much!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions