Search for content in message boards

looking for The Louisiana Genealogical Register, 1947.

Replies: 5

Re: looking for The Louisiana Genealogical Register, 1947.

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 11:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Feb 2013 4:50AM GMT
You can use worldcat.org to locate publications in most libraries--and some archives-- around the world. You can enter your zip code, and it will show you locations nearest to you. Two notes, though...One, sometimes you need to be careful how you enter titles/authors, because one facility may have an item listed one way while another has it differently. As an example, one facility may list the editor as the author, but another lists the source of the original materials, i.e. Earl Woods, editor, vs. the Archdiocese of New Orleans. :) Second point, once you identify a possible facility near you, be sure try to go to that facility's own card catalog and re-confirm that they have the issue you are seeking. Sometimes items "walk away" and go missing. And lastly, on a general note, I always recommend people examine a facility's info. about making copies, etc. Some have copiers that accept only change, only accept dollar bills, desks that won't make change, or even limits on the number of pages copied. I went to one library where they were happy to make change of any sort, but there was one copier. Should have noticed that earlier in the day, so I wasn't racing to make copies at the end, with a line behind me! Lol

Good luck with your copies, and if you can't locate a facility near you, please let me know. I may be in one soon that has that publication. I know because I need articles from other issues of it. ;)

Jenny
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ammaner 23 Feb 2013 8:20PM GMT 
11944 24 Feb 2013 3:53AM GMT 
ammaner 25 Feb 2013 5:27AM GMT 
helper151 27 Feb 2013 6:56PM GMT 
jenniferbjaco... 28 Feb 2013 6:11AM GMT 
ammaner 1 Mar 2013 4:49AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions