I've recently found the following information about a John Marshall and family who lived in Lewiston, and then moved to the town of Industry in Franklin County. After that, I think some of them moved to Augusta.
These are not related to me, but am just posting in case it helps somebody out. The son Alfred Marshall was later a Brigadier General and later served in the U.S. Congress for a few years.
1. John Marshall was born on 4 Aug 1756.1 He lived in Lewiston, Maine circa 1780–circa 1803.2–3 He lived in Industry, Franklin Co, Maine in 1800–1812.4 John was a Carpenter or Wheelwright.5–6
John Marshall and Sally were married circa 1780. Sally was born on 13 Dec 1757.
John Marshall and Sally had the following children:
i. Hannah Marshall was born on 16 Dec 1781 in Lewiston, Maine?.7
ii. John Marshall was born on 28 Feb 1785 in Lewiston, Maine?.8
iii. Samuel Marshall was born on 1 Jun 1787 in Lewiston, Maine?.9
iv. Daniel Marshall was born on 13 Nov 1790 in Lewiston, Maine?.10
v. Isaac Marshall was born on 31 Mar 1794 in Lewiston, Maine?.11
2 vi. Alfred Marshall, born 18 Apr 1797, Lewiston, Maine? or New Hampshire; married Lydia Brackett, 21 Dec 1824; died 2 Oct 1868, China, Kennebec, Maine, United States.
vii. Sarah "Sally" Marshall was born on 23 Mar 1799 in Augusta, Kennebec, Maine, United States.12–13
2. Alfred Marshall (John-1) was born on 18 Apr 1797 in Lewiston, Maine? or New Hampshire.14–15 He died on 2 Oct 1868 at the age of 71 in China, Kennebec, Maine, United States.16
Alfred Marshall and Lydia Brackett were married on 21 Dec 1824. Lydia Brackett was born (date unknown).
1. William Collins Hatch, History of the Town of Industry, Franklin County, Maine (Farmington, Maine: Knowlton, McLeary, 1893), pg. 732.
3. Janus G. Elder, History of Lewiston, Maine: with a Genealogical Register of Early Families, David and Elizabeth "Keene" Young, editors (Bowie, Maryland: Heritage Books, 1989), pg. 16.
4. Hatch, History of the Town of Industry, Franklin County, Maine, pg. 732.
6. Elder, History of Lewiston, Maine, pg. 16.
7. Hatch, History of the Town of Industry, Franklin County, Maine, pg. 732.
13. Ethel Colby Conant, Editor, Vital Records of Augusta, Maine, to the year 1892, 2 vol. (Auburn, Maine: Merrill & Weber, 1933–34), Vol. 1. Note: this Sarah / Sally's birth record may be a link to connect the family from Lewiston/Industry with the family from Augusta.
14. Hatch, History of the Town of Industry, Franklin County, Maine, pg. 732.
15. "Biographical Directory of the United States Congress, 1774 - Present," database, U. S. House of Representatives, Biographical Directory of the United States Congress (http://bioguide.congress.gov/
: accessed 22 November 2012), Entry for Alfred Marshall; extracted from (Washington, DC:n.p.n.d.).
16. "Biographical Directory of the United States Congress, 1774 - Present," database, Biographical Directory of the United States Congress.