Search for content in message boards

Beaucage Family in Lewiston, Maine

Replies: 7

Beaucage Family in Lewiston, Maine

Posted: 12 Feb 2014 2:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Beaucage, Paquin, St. Cyr, Beauchesne, Pineau, Jacques, Allard
Hello,

I am looking for information of the Beaucage family that lived in Lewiston. I am trying to get a record of the descendants of Louis Beaucage and Aurelie (or Amelie) Paquin who were married in Saint-Christophe, Arthabaska, Quebec, in 1845. They had 11 children, 8 of whom resided in Lewiston. They were: Ephrem, Louis, Zelia (or Exelia), Israel, Absalom, Alfred, Albert, and Eleonore. The father Louis died in 1865, the same year his last child was born. Aurelie remarried 2 years later, and by 1870, the family was living in Lewiston (except Ephrem who remained in Canada a bit longer). After 1870, the son Louis seems to disappear from the record, but the other 7 all have children that remain in Maine. Zelia was married three times, to a St. Cyr, a Beauchesne, and finally a Pineau. She had children with the first two, but from what I can tell none of them survived childhood. Eleonore, the younger sister, married Eugene Jacques and had a number of children. Unfortunately, for this time period there is little in the town records. To make things more complicated, the family does seem to have moved quite a bit between Canada and Maine. The mother, Aurelie, was married for a third time in Victoriaville, Quebec in 1882, and then died in 1902 in Lewiston.

As this does appear to be the only Beaucage family in the area, I would like to get as complete of a record of the family as I can get. There is one more branch of the family that moved to Lewiston, from the father Louis' first marriage to Angelique Allard. His grandson from this marriage, Joseph Beaucage, seems to have moved to Lewiston, at least for some time, and some of his children remained.

Is anyone else researching this family who has information? Apart from finding current descendants I have tried finding information about the children that did not survive childhood. I have contacted the Catholic church in Lewiston to ask about their baptismal records but have received little response from them.

Sam Howes
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
slamhowes18 12 Feb 2014 9:31PM GMT 
jacobycoby46 26 Mar 2014 3:00PM GMT 
slamhowes18 2 Apr 2014 4:24PM GMT 
jacobycoby46 2 Apr 2014 7:55PM GMT 
slamhowes18 3 Apr 2014 4:55PM GMT 
jacobycoby46 3 Apr 2014 5:32PM GMT 
slamhowes18 4 Apr 2014 7:22PM GMT 
jacobycoby46 4 Apr 2014 7:39PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions