Search for content in message boards

Death Date and Record for Ann (Hannah) P Newman Lawlis(Lawless)

Replies: 4

Re: Death Date and Record for Ann (Hannah) P Newman Lawlis(Lawless)

Posted: 21 Aug 2012 2:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Sep 2012 11:05AM GMT
I have been researching the origins of Ann Newman Lawlis for many years with very little success. Her name appears in the 1851 Carleton County, New Brunswick Census of 1851 along with her brothers (as defined in the census) as James, Denis, and Patrick. The 1850 census lists her along with the other staff as employed by the Bangor House in Bangor. She married James Lawlis (unknown place and date) and resided for a time in Benedicta, Maine. James Lawlis died in Benedicta and was buried close to the Catholic Church. Due to the loss of the grave stone or the expansion of the church the grave was loss. Martin Lawlis (Ann's son) made a deligent search for the grave in the early part of the 20th century but was unsuccessful. I interviewed Catherine Lawlis several years ago when she was a very alert 96 years old (Ann Lawlis granddaughter). she could provide no information as to where in Ireland the Newman family originated.

I was very surprised to see the name Hannah. I have not found any reference to this name in my research. Also I had not found any reference to Ann Newman lawlis being born in Derry in 1830. What is the evidence for this statement? I do have a photograph of the lady that I believe to be Ann Newman Lawlis that I am willing to share the image. My Name is William Newman and I am the great great grandson of James Newman, Ann Newman Lawlis' brother (hillfort@comcast.net)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
donnastenger1 8 Oct 2010 12:21AM GMT 
jecroft 8 Oct 2010 2:21AM GMT 
donnastenger1 8 Oct 2010 11:54PM GMT 
jecroft 9 Oct 2010 2:38PM GMT 
hillfort1 21 Aug 2012 8:42PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions