Search for content in message boards

Decendents of John Little and Mary Maskall

Replies: 15

Decendents of John Little and Mary Maskall

Posted: 7 Aug 2011 9:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Little
Hello,

John and Mary were married in 1836 in Queens County, New Brunswick. John passed away in 1870 in Carleton County, NB and Mary passed away sometime after 1881 (she is found on the 1881 living in Kent Parish, Caleton Co. with her daughter and son-in-law, Susan Little and John Peter Levesque.

John and Mary's 2 children and their grandchildren moved to the Caribou, Aroostook Co. area shortly after (John Peter Levesque and Susan Little + Isaac William Little and Lucretia Sinnett). I don't think it would be an understatement to say that there are many thousands of descendants who could include John and Mary in their family tree.

I am hoping one of these descendants might see this and be able to shed some light on some of the mysteries (brick walls) with this line. I have searched at the Provicial Archives in Fredericton, New Brunswick with no luck - really hoping someone might have a family bible or some other piece of evidence (letter, newspaper clipping etc) that will shed some light on any of these questions.

1. What happened to John's wife, Mary (nee Maskall)? Did she remarry? Did she move with the rest of the family to Aroostook County?

2. Was John previously married? Has there been anything passed down that indicated that John and Mary had more than 2 children (Isaac William and Susan Little) and/or if Isaac and Susan had any half-brothers/sisters? One researcher had mentioned that John and Mary might have had 3 more daughters (Sarah, Hannah and Elizabeth) but I have not found anything in the census records or at the provincial archives to confirm this.

There were Littles' in the Queens County, NB area in the 1830's but have never been able to connect them postively with John Little. More and more images of records are appearing on the web for New Brunwsick and Maine - maybe someday one will appear that will answer some of these questions.....sometimes though it is only through personal papers that we able to connect the dots. :-)

Regards,
Jerry
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jerryleblanc1 7 Aug 2011 3:38PM GMT 
tomsawyer118 17 Mar 2012 5:22PM GMT 
jerryleblanc1 19 Mar 2012 1:20AM GMT 
tomsawyer118 19 Mar 2012 3:05PM GMT 
jerryleblanc1 19 Mar 2012 3:37PM GMT 
DLWilcox68 20 Nov 2012 8:29PM GMT 
jerryleblanc_... 21 Nov 2012 12:03PM GMT 
DLWilcox68 22 Nov 2012 2:06AM GMT 
tomsawyer118 24 Nov 2012 6:49PM GMT