Search for content in message boards

1981 Obituary, Darrell H. Bates from Houlton

Replies: 1

Re: 1981 Obituary, Darrell H. Bates from Houlton

Posted: 9 Aug 2005 12:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
From the Houlton Pioneer Times, 27 July 1981

Darrell H. Bates of Houlton, Aroostook County Supervisor for the Farmers Home Administration, died unexpectedly last Wednesday at his cottage at Orient. He was 51 years old.
Mr. Bates was born at Houlton on Nov. 1, 1929, the son of Adrian J. and Ressa L. Estabrook Bates.
A veteran of the US Navy, he had been a member of Monument Lodge of Masons, and was Past High Priest of Aroostook Chapter, RAM. He held membership in St. Aldemar Commandery, Anah Temple Shrine, and in the Houlton Lodge of Elks.
He is survived by his wife, Janet McCluskey Bates, and by two sons, Stephen and Gregory, all of Houlton.
Masonic services were conducted at the Dunn Funeral Home Thursday evening, with the Rev. Robert Butler of the Church of the Good Shepherd, Episcopal, conducting funeral services Friday morning.
Pallbearers were G. William McCluskey, Dana Wright, Richard Heath and Nathan Churchill.
Interment was in Evergreen Cemetery.
Those who wish may make donations in his memory to Anah Temple Shrine Mosque Fund.

I did not know Darrell Bates nor do I have any connection to his family. I am a Tin Can Sailor.

Roger
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
GloriaPerkins... 23 Jul 2005 2:40AM GMT 
rushicman 9 Aug 2005 6:57PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic