Search for content in message boards

Searching for family members

Replies: 2

Searching for family members

Posted: 16 Aug 2013 9:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Aug 2013 11:02PM GMT
Surnames: Prescott
Hello, I am searching for any information on the Prescott family of Casco/Portland, Maine. This is the information that I have so far.

My mother was adopted at the age of 4 months old. Her birth name was Josephine Prescott born in Portland, Maine to Ellen (Prescott) Elgee who later married John C. Stewart. 1st husband was Walter D. Elgee.

Ellen had 3 other daughters. Georgetta Elgee, Caroline Elgee and Elaine Elgee (later adopted by Stewart and then married and became Elaine Clark.

Ellen had 2 siblings. LaForrest Prescott who married Doris I. (maiden name unknown) and they had a son Thornton G. Prescott. Thornton married Edna A. Hebert and this is where I have hit a dead end. I can find no record of children for them at all.

Ellen's other sibling was Irene Francena Prescott and after a 1920 Census she seems to have completely disappeared. I can not find a marriage or any record of children for her. If anyone has any information please help and contact me. I have dates and other information if it's needed.

Thank you so much....Cecilia Scott
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ceciliaaa888 17 Aug 2013 3:31AM GMT 
gingermccall 17 Aug 2013 4:41AM GMT 
ceciliaaa888 17 Aug 2013 5:02AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions