Search for content in message boards

Ballard, Abbott family

Replies: 5

Re: Ballard, Abbott family

Posted: 30 Sep 2010 12:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
To Nancy Shaner,
If you are related to Jonathan Ballard who married Betsy/Betty Abbott and settled in Temple, Maine, then you are related to my husband John Ballard (mother's maiden name) Sisk. A few years ago we were driving around in the hills above Temple looking for the cemetery where Jonathan and Betsy are buried. There were many muddy logging roads and we were not able to find it; however, it was quite an adventure! My husband is the great grandson of John Ballard, married to Elizabeth Simmons in Massachusetts. He became a minister and went to Pike County, Illinois. That is where my husband's grandfather, Benjamin Franklin Ballard. B.F. Ballard went to Texas and became an attorney and lived in Floresville, where he married Lizzie Houston from Alabama. My husband's mother, Gertrude Ballard Sisk, was one of their children. In response to your comment about William Ballard being from Andover, I believe that is right, and we are going to visit Andover in about a week to check out what records exist for the Ballard and Abbott lines. Let me know if you would like to continue this conversation about the Ballards and Abbotts.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Nancy Shaner 1 Feb 2010 7:35PM GMT 
Judy Sisk 30 Sep 2010 6:03AM GMT 
Nancy Shaner 7 Oct 2010 1:54AM GMT 
Judy Sisk 13 Oct 2010 12:07AM GMT 
Nancy Shaner 13 Oct 2010 4:18PM GMT 
Nancy Shaner 23 Oct 2010 6:38PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions