Search for content in message boards

Dudley and Elvira (Douglass) Bean of Jay, ME

Replies: 0

Dudley and Elvira (Douglass) Bean of Jay, ME

Posted: 15 Oct 2013 4:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bean, Douglass, Estes, Paine, Walton, Jordan
I am trying to trace the descendants of Dudley Bean and his wife, Elvira Douglass of Jay, ME. I have been working on this family for a number of years and would like to have a fairly complete list of their descendants. Dudley was born in Jay in 1816 to Israel and Betsey (Paine) Bean. He married Elvira Douglass, who was born in Hebron in 1816 to Abijah and Phebe (Estes) Douglass (later Holt), in 1840 at Jay. Together they had 10 children, 8 girls and 2 boys, all of whom grew into adulthood. These children were: Marcia, who married Samuel Leighton and settled in Phillips; Abijah (known as Lafayette), who married a woman named Emma and settled in California; Mary (known as Augusta), who married George Bean; Rhoda (known as Alice) who married Frank Russell and settled in Everett, MA; Phebe (known as Frankie) who married Ferdinand Jordan, then Austin Hutchinson, who lived in Massachusetts and finally Litchfield, ME; Harrison, who married Emma Richardson; Lydia (known as Emma) who was married to William Halley, William Stewart, Charles Kelley, and Charles Dunn; Ella, who married Alvah Moulton and kept her father’s home following his death; Clara, who married George Lowell and settled in Farmington; and Eliza, who married Greenleaf Walton, and settled in East Dixfield. Of these 10, 7 would have their own children: Lafayette, Augusta, Alice, Frankie, Harrison, Clara, and Eliza. Clara’s sons, however, would both die before having children. Elvira died in Jay in 1886, and Dudley in 1897. I would like have a complete record for this family (or as complete as one can get). I am also interested in the descendants of two of Dudley’s brothers, Israel and Isaiah. I am a descendant of Dudley and Elvira’s daughter, Alice, through her daughter Winnie, who married Will Howes.

-Sam Howes

Find a board about a specific topic