Search for content in message boards

John Brown (b. 1875), Mount Desert Island

Replies: 15

Re: John Brown (b. 1875), Mount Desert Island

austin hill brownthebrown (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2005 1:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
...Hi..thanks for the input..I just looked at Thomas Vining's cemetery's of mount desert..this Jonathan Brown is buried behind the Union church in Manset.."J.N.D. BROWN, U.S.NAVY,REV .WAR".....what is very interesting is that in this cemetery are buried several sons and daughters ..ie.Mercey C, Nathan C, Nathaniel H, Robert H, Infant (of Capt.William N. and Joan(na)."..looking at the "Mount Height " Cemetery also in the Southwest Harbor Area you find "William N.(husb of Joann(Higgins) b.1797 d 1859...Joann Higgins (wife of William N.)is also buried here..so presumably that JND Brown buried in Manset is Jonathan Brown, and the children buried there are his grandchildren..However..in the same cemetery at Mount Height with William (son of Jonathan) ..is Amos Sheldon Brown b.1833 (26th me/civil war) who is my grt grandfather Albert L Brown (8th me/civil war)'s older brother (and grt granfather of "buddy"brown/brown's hardware NE Harbor and Amo's and Albert's father is John Brown jr.(b.1810) born Somes Sound , and his father is John Brown (b.1784..married to betsey Grindle 1807)..from where is what i'm trying to determine..? he was living with at least into the 1860's grave unknown)..but his father enigmatic John Brown with the original mount desert deed no.87/117 acres is the one i'm tracking .He also lived on Somes Sound (grave unknown..with John jr. and Mary..(recently found a note saying he was a "Wheelright?)..(and a deed in Hancock Deed Registry deeding some land in 1796 to George Brown in Vinalhaven)..99% with your Johnathan/William Brown input that they are related somehow..perhaps brother's with similar names John and Johnathan? or cousins? Anyway thankyou very much..i will start back-tracking towards Marblehead..by any chance do you have any access to the original settler list for MDI? If i can find the grant for lot#87..perhaps there will be where ole John Brown is from? thanks again Austin Brown
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
McBundyBrown 25 Oct 2004 5:22PM GMT 
austin hill brown 12 Dec 2004 4:29AM GMT 
FrankWilson41 5 Jun 2005 3:47AM GMT 
Austin Brown 8 Jun 2005 5:26PM GMT 
Frank Wilson 8 Jun 2005 6:30PM GMT 
Frank Wilson 8 Jun 2005 6:35PM GMT 
srabridg 29 Sep 2012 9:44AM GMT 
McBundyBrown 6 Dec 2013 11:13PM GMT 
Carol-Jeanne 26 Jan 2005 4:23PM GMT 
austin hill brownthebrown 30 Jan 2005 8:17PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions