Search for content in message boards

Cemetery in Hancock

Replies: 19

Re: Cemetery in Hancock

Posted: 8 May 2007 3:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you so much for the good information on the Collins/Leighton families in Hancock County.
As I mentioned, my stepson Jim is quite interested in his maternal grandparents. His mother is helpful but really knows little about her family.
Here is what I have discovered. Jim's grandparents are William George Collins and his wife Margaret Ella Leighton. William and Margaret were married 4 April 1940 in Bar Harbor and lived at various places in Hancock County during their married life. They are buried together in Riverside Cemetery in Hancock.
William George Collins was born in Verona in Hancock County. His name at birth was Ira Lester Bridges but he was adopted by William T. Collins and his wife Matilda S. (Tilly) Doyle who were from Caribou in Aroostook County.
Margaret Ella Leighton was born in Edmunds in Washington County, Maine and was the daughter of Allan J. Leighton who was born at Whiting in Washington County and his wife Mattie B. Bryant who was born at Treat's Island in Washington County.
I am currently working my way through census records and hopefully we will be in Maine in July and will be able to spend a few hours on research while there.
Anything Collins/Leighton/Bridges stones you might spot at Riverside Cemetery would be very helpful. As far as I know William George Collins and Margaret Ella Leighton Collins are the only family members buried there but there may be others.
Thanks so much for your help.
Gloria
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
wrgasfireside 30 Oct 2006 7:11PM GMT 
Daryl Grant 3 Nov 2006 12:39AM GMT 
Gloria Smith 3 Nov 2006 1:15PM GMT 
Daryl Grant 4 Nov 2006 1:00AM GMT 
bickford47 5 Nov 2006 5:06PM GMT 
mainefem 13 Nov 2006 6:32PM GMT 
Gloria Smith 14 Nov 2006 1:09PM GMT 
mainefem 4 May 2007 1:44PM GMT 
mainefem 4 May 2007 1:48PM GMT 
wrgasfireside 8 May 2007 9:34PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions