Search for content in message boards

Cemetery in Hancock

Replies: 19

Re: Cemetery in Hancock

Posted: 8 Jul 2012 5:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,
Pleased to read your message about william G. Collins and Margaret Leighton and the cemetery in Hancock, Maine.
I am not exactly related to you but I believe my stepchildren--Kathy, Wendy, Billy, Cindy and Jimmy Robinson are your cousins. I was married to their father Bill Robinson who passed away 10 years ago.
I still have very close ties with the Robinson kids and grandkids and a friendly relationship with your Aunt Sheila.
Family history is my passion and I am researching my stepchildrens Robinson ancestry and also have gathered a little material on their Collins relatives especially on the Leighton side.
In 2007 I made a trip to Maine with Jimmy Robinson and his family. One thing he wanted to do was visit the cemetery in Hancock to see his grandparent's graves so I posted the messsage you read to get good directions to the cemetery.
I had visited the cemetery 20 years previously when my husband Bill Robinson and I had been to Maine. Although Bill and Sheila had divorced, Bill had a real affection for your grandparents. He told me they were wonderful people and he wanted to visit their graves. That's how I had some knowledge of the cemetery.
In 2007 when I traveled with Jimmy, we visited the cemetery and cleaned the tombstones and placed flowers on the grave.
I have not done a lot of work on the Collins and Leighton families but I have some material especially on the Leighton family but would love to exchange information. I think my stepkids would love to know more about that side of their family.
My regulat email address is wrgasfireside@verison.net.
Gloria Smith
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mainefem 23 May 2007 3:20PM GMT 
mainefem 23 May 2007 3:45PM GMT 
LetaWescott48 16 Sep 2007 9:44AM GMT 
ShariHalliday... 9 Nov 2011 12:03PM GMT 
mainefem 30 Sep 2007 3:01PM GMT 
mainefem 30 Sep 2007 3:31PM GMT 
hjmccormick 17 Oct 2007 12:43AM GMT 
caroncollins 6 Jul 2012 1:12AM GMT 
wrgasfireside 8 Jul 2012 11:37AM GMT 
mainefem 9 Jul 2012 11:23AM GMT