Search for content in message boards

Looking for a copy of TOLL / STRUEVER Marriage in 1980 Blue Hill

Replies: 4

Re: STILL Looking for a newspaper account of TOLL / STRUEVER Marriage in 1980 Blue Hill

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 6:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Oct 2012 6:36AM GMT
Surnames: TOLL, STRUEVER
I contacted The Ellsworth American & they got back to me yesterday after kindly looking for a marriage article for a 3 mo period from the wedding date. No marriage article was placed in the Ellsworth paper.

The Bangor Daily News has left the searching for archived articles to the pay subscription service ProQuest.

BDN doesn't directly bother with looking for back articles nor do they supply reprints of articles that appeared in their paper.

The link you supplied is just for the ProQuest FAQ page re: the Bangor Daily News.

I don't have any sort of subscription to ProQuest & therefore I don't have access to the ProQuest archives of the Bangor Daily News.

I have no way of even searching the Bangor Daily News via ProQuest. I know from a stop at a NH library while on vacation back 8 yrs ago & searching the ProQuest archive via their limited subscription for an obit from the local paper that the teaser previews on ProQuest are a confusing merge of the articles on a particular page so it's not even possible to determine if the article one is looking for is actually the article being included in the teaser or not. One has to, in effect, gamble & order the article from the teaser from ProQuest, pay a somewhat largish sum of money and hope for the best.

I don't live in Maine & if full access to the Bangor Daily News archives is available via a Maine library card bar code, I also don't have one of those.

I've thought of contacting the local library but most libraries do charge some just for the reprint if they find what you've requested but most charge for both the search & the copy. Some libraries have reasonable fees for this but others would be beyond me to afford even in the best of times. I probably should add that I'm unemployed which while giving me time to research doesn't give me the budget to spend for searches, reprints, subscriptions, vital certificate copies, etc.

At the end of the day I STILL need someone LOCAL to the Blue Hill area with the kindness of heart to look in the archived newspapers local to Blue Hill for a copy of some sort of marriage announcement/article for Henry Wolcott TOLL aka H. Wolcott TOLL to Mary B. STRUEVER on Sunday, 5 Oct 1980.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mindfoggs2 15 Oct 2012 3:23AM GMT 
mainefem 16 Oct 2012 1:48AM GMT 
mindfoggs2 16 Oct 2012 2:09AM GMT 
mainefem 16 Oct 2012 2:24AM GMT 
mindfoggs2 19 Oct 2012 12:28PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions