Search for content in message boards

ROBINSON, HARRIS sisters 1910 (KIDDER)

Replies: 2

ROBINSON, HARRIS sisters 1910 (KIDDER)

Posted: 18 Apr 2012 4:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Robinson, Harris, Kidder, Moore
Hello,

The Town of Waterville was just mentioned on the Kennebec Co. List this morning, and I found out there is a web site about "Early Waterville." I just searched on the site for my great-grandfather's 2 sisters who lived in Waterville ~1910, and I didn't find them mentioned.

Up in Princeton, ME, their parents were Joseph and Clarissa (WILKINS) KIDDER who had 6 children there (3 sons, 3 daughters) between 1870 and 1885. George "Sanford" was their first, then Julia, then Frank, then Ruth, then Clinton, then Aurelia "Rilla." All 6 married and had at least one child. Julia married John ROBINSON from north of Waterville, and they went directly to Waterville to live. They only had one child, a son, Leslie.

Soon after "Rilla" married John HARRIS and had 2 children with him, they moved to Waterville to live with John and Julia ROBINSON. This is the extended family in 1910:

Household Gender Age
Spouse John J Robinson M 40y
Julia E Robinson F 37y
Child Leslie F Robinson M 5y
John H Harris M 29y
Aurelie Harris F 24y
Fredrick C Harris M 8y
Daisy A Harris F 6y

I haven't looked at my notes on the ROBINSON family in a while, but I think I heard that Leslie ROBINSON had married but did not have any children - so no descendants.

The HARRIS family did not do well. First the couple separated, and then I can't find John and their son, Fred, after that. Rilla and her teen-age daughter remained in Waterville, but Rilla developed cancer and died young. Daisy had gone to live with another couple, and I can't find her after she was a teen-ager. One .guess. is that, when John and Fred came back for the burial of Rilla, they took Daisy to their new home (wherever that was). I've never heard of a marriage for Daisy, and someone suggested that might have been a nickname.

I thought I had mentioned these couples on this Board in past years, but I just checked the archives and I hadn't. But, long ago I mentioned that a non-related Reuben KIDDER had moved to Waterville from MA in mid-1770's, and he had descendants there.

The 1920 census has John and Julia ROBINSON back in Princeton, ME. And, they had another set of nephew and niece with them. Unfortunately the other married sister, Ruth MOORE (Alex Moore) both died young leaving 3 orphans. I'm told the 3 young children went to live with Alex's 2 MOORE aunts. And the KIRLIN teens with Julia in 1920 were Ruth's grandchildren, I believe.

That's all I'll say for the moment. I've been researching my KIDDER line for 20 yrs. and have a lot of information. Plus there is a 1941 "KIDDER book." And, there is a KIDDER web site run by a long-time researcher who has been trying to update the 1941 book for 20 yrs.

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

(on Lists and Boards for 10 yrs.; now an Admin for 9 Lists and 3 Boards, including a List and Board for CAN-USA-Migration and a List for New-England-Research)
(already a List for New-Eng-Gen)

P.S. I just noticed that this Board is not gatewayed to the Kennebec Co. List, so I'll go check the archives of the List for my old posts.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bbffrrpp 18 Apr 2012 10:47AM GMT 
bbffrrpp 18 Apr 2012 10:59AM GMT 
bbffrrpp 18 Apr 2012 11:28AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions