Search for content in message boards

Lookup - book at Maine State Library, Augusta

Replies: 5

Lookup - book at Maine State Library, Augusta

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 1:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm looking for the parents of Henry Simmons who died in Friendship, ME, 1854, age 40. He married Sarah Poland in 1836. I believe he may be mentioned in "Genealogy of the Simmons family of Maine and Massachusetts" by Frederick Simmons, publ. 1920. I understand a copy of this book is held at the Maine State Library.

Yes, I'm aware of the online family trees that state his parents were Isaac Simmons & Elizabeth Thompson. But to my knowledge none of them provides any evidence for this assertion.

Thx.
--------------

P.S. I've not found any birth records in the FHL catalog, but you might have more luck. I've searched an index of land records where I did see a transaction where Henry was a grantee of land bought from grantor William Simmons (there could be other records, this index is poorly organized). William may have been a brother of Henry, as it appears Henry's son Henry (Jr.?) lived with William after the elder Henry's death. I also reviewed the pension record of Isaac Simmons and widow Elizabeth, but found no mention of Henry.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
moonmully 4 Dec 2012 8:00PM GMT 
ELLinSpain 5 Dec 2012 9:08AM GMT 
jacobycoby46 17 Feb 2013 3:52PM GMT 
moonmully 17 Feb 2013 5:11PM GMT 
jacobycoby46 21 Feb 2013 12:17AM GMT 
moonmully 21 Feb 2013 5:50PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions