Search for content in message boards

SEROTE/SOUTHARD

Replies: 15

Re: SEROTE/SOUTHARD

Posted: 14 Feb 2014 7:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi! I'm so many years late on this thread, but I thought I'd drop in. I'm a descendent of Abraham Southard through his son Isaac down to my great grandmother Vernessa Ada Southard which is where the name ends in my family. I do have possible burial information for Isaac. Last summer my uncle and I were doing some "field research" and stumbled upon a small cemetery off the side of the road just outside of Pittsfield in Somerset County, Maine. Isaac's wife Diana's grave is clearly marked and next to it is an 1812 Veteran Marker with an American flag. You can just barely see a stone above the tops of the grass which may have been a crude marker for Isaac. I contacted the folks in the records office who said they don't have burial records that far back. That all being said, it may be very hard to track down or happen upon a grave for Abraham Southard which is an absolute shame. Since it's been a few years, if anyone has an update, I'd be thrilled to hear anything! Thanks!

Jeremy
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
SpacemanSpiff... 8 May 2011 10:25PM GMT 
BetsyWebber68 8 May 2011 10:42PM GMT 
SpacemanSpiff... 8 May 2011 10:53PM GMT 
BetsyWebber68 8 May 2011 11:06PM GMT 
cajeremy1 15 Feb 2014 2:59AM GMT 
BetsyWebber 28 Jan 2008 3:21PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions