Search for content in message boards

Boggs+ McDaniel, Warren, Lincoln Co.

Replies: 9

Re: Boggs+ McDaniel, Warren, Lincoln Co.

Posted: 21 Dec 2011 6:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thanks for your reply. In the version of the History of Warren I had seen has a child #6, unknown, married unknown McDaniel and moved to Philadelphia. On that page it shows Ann Boggs married to a Rax or something like that.
I did find a Daniel McDaniel who shows in the area where Robert McDaniel lived in the period between 1770 when his 1844 obit states he came to PA, and 1785 when he married my 4th great grandmother, Elizabeth Johnson. I found only one mention of that name in that location, (Warminster, PA). A correspondent from an on line post stated that the unknowndaughter who married the McDaniel did not receive a legacy from her father Samuel, but from her mother an amount of linens were sent to her after her father's death. The will mentions a legacy to granddaughter Ann McDaniel, maybe that is what is causing the confusion if there is any confusion. The correspondent also states that the McDaniel she married was a wealthy man, but he didn't state his name. In addition, the correspondent said they went to Baltimore MD, not to Philadelphia. He never gave me the source of his info. Very frustrating. Perhaps, and this is only a perhaps Daniel was his name and he is the same man who shows in the mention I found, his wife died and he placed the child with the Longstreths in Warminster. Many, many questions. Since Robert was apprenticed to learn to become a tanner and currier, that seems like a somewhat lowly career for a son of a wealthy man. Robert could read and write though. Questions, questions!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Judy McElderry 7 Jul 2002 3:09PM GMT 
SuHanson28 13 Jun 2009 9:15PM GMT 
JudyMc48 22 Jun 2009 10:55AM GMT 
malcolmmacdon... 3 Feb 2010 4:45PM GMT 
JudyMcElderry... 9 Aug 2011 5:10PM GMT 
SuHanson28 19 Aug 2011 4:38AM GMT 
JudyMcElderry... 24 Aug 2011 9:21PM GMT 
SuHanson28 2 Sep 2011 4:09PM GMT 
ftmcarpos 19 Dec 2011 6:04PM GMT 
JudyMcElderry... 22 Dec 2011 1:34AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions