Search for content in message boards

WEBBER,MARIETTA YORK MAINE 1800'S

Replies: 1

WEBBER,MARIETTA YORK MAINE 1800'S

Posted: 13 Apr 2003 12:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Dec 2003 2:42PM GMT
Surnames: WEBBER DONNELL WINN WILBER WILBUR
LOOKING for any info on a marietta webber, who at age 6, was living with the calvin and sarah winn family, per the 1870 us census. she is listed as an "other" (not related). was she an orphaned child of a family friend, or distant realtive? She does not appear on the 1880 census, but there is a Mary webber, age 16, who does appear as the daughter of an abigail webber (widow) of hallowell maine, not far from york. the interesting thing is that both marietta and mary where born in 1864, and mary does not appear in the 1870 census with her mother abigail. I believe that they may be one in the same. Also I believe that Mary webber married my g g grandfather, henry walter donnell 1857-1886, drowned cape neddick,son of willliam henry and ann donnell (bowden) of york. She left her two small children, winnie (1884-1972?) and Henry w jr (1886-1958) with the calvin and sarah winn family. I have her name as Mary "Etta" wilber, but could have been a slip of the tongue in the oral history passed down, she liked to be called "Mary" was written in an old genealgy note of the 1940's not mary etta. would like to know is the two people actually the same person, and what happened to Mary after her husband drowned, did she re-marry? It was passed down, that she left to go to massachusetts and was to return for her children, and she was never heard from again, or atleast not favorably. any other, or clarifing ifo would be great. EJDIII
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
edward donnel... 13 Apr 2003 6:06AM GMT 
edward donnel... 24 Sep 2013 8:45PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic