Search for content in message boards

Wendall Smith s/o Albion Smith & Ester Young

Replies: 1

Wendall Smith s/o Albion Smith & Ester Young

Posted: 6 Sep 2004 11:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Nov 2004 8:46AM GMT
Surnames: Smith,Young,Thurlow, Ordway, Lovejoy, Cooper, Martin, Jackson, Couture
Wendall Smith son of Albion and ester young Smith was born march 4 1884. He married Mildred Thurlow. they are buried in Craigie cem. , oxford , Me.

John h. Smith married: Rachel Ordway
children: Albion f.-b. 1858. d. 1912. Albion married #2. mary Lovejoy abt. 1878- son freddie born 1879. also a marriage to : #3. Cora Cooper and #1. Esther Young ( prbly dau. of Franklin and Esther Young.
children : by Mary Love joy as follows.
Freddie b. 1878
Wendall born march 4 1884 married Mildred Thurlow -buried in craigie.
Alice mabel b. 1888 married George henry Martin. ( son of : Henry Martin and Emily Jackson.***)
Eddie L. b. 1886. married Mabel Martin.
Alton f. married Exilda Couture.

this Ester Young is the daughter of: Franklin Young (brother to Atwood Young) and esther Thurlow Young (widow of Atwood Young) -she was born: 1864

O:K---This is an ongoing search and should be verified by ones self--but I hope this will help.

This is long but i will post it anyways:

Atwood Young was born abt. 1812 in mayfield, me. on a plantation near Bingham, Me. He was a pvt. co. f 9th regiment in the civil war. A Cook. He died at the battle of Morriss Isand s.c. 8/16/1863.
Atwood Young born in Madison, me. legend says he is buried in Skowhegan, me. Samuel List his father as S. A. Young; on his marriage certificate. Yet Atwoods name is: A. F. N. YOUNG on at least two documents.
It is my thought that they are out of the David Young line who went to Madison, me. from Wisscassett, me. Family legend has it that Atwood Youngs mother is said to have been full blooded Native American.
At this point I can not determine this to be true or false.
How Atwood Young ends up in Raymond maine is unknown at this time.
He married Esther Thurlow daughter of Moses and Elsie Strout Thurlow in Raymond, me.sept. 20, 1839. Esther was born: Jan. 14 1822. ( see Thurlow line.)
Atwood Young and His family and His brother Frank Young were In Woodstock , me. by 1853.
Atwood and Davis Thurlo buy land there. Atwood and Esther Young sons , Samuel and Franklin were born in Brighton, me. When their sons Samuel and Franklin b. were born the latter in 1857. It appears that they married in Raymond went to Brighton and the back to Raymond and moved with the Thurlows to Woodstock by 1858.
When Atwood signs - he signs: Atwood f. n. Young. The woodstock Estate is settled as: A.f.n. Young also in the late 1860's.

On the 1860 woodstock census Atwood Young is not listed but- His wife and children and brother are the only ones listed on the census.
Atwood Young is listed on the 1860-Paris census -in the household of : Dudley Smith.
Atwood Young -age 48-farm laborer.

1860 census
Franklin Young ae 24 brother in law farmer.
Esther Young ae 36 wife
Jane ae 15 dau.
Charles ae 11 son
Samuel ae 8 son
Franklin ae 3 son
Eleander ae 1 son
Children of Atwood and Esther Young:
1. Mollisa Jane b. 1843 married 1st. Benjamin Davis Thurlow. abt. 1859. 2nd marriage to Joseph Tripp. she had dau.s = Isabelle and Pauline and other children.
Mollissa j. Thurlow (oldest dau.) signs Esthers Increase for pension papers in Poland may 25 , 1867. as a witness. Hiram Strout also witnesses.
!880 oxford census list Mollisa as : Joseph and Jane Tripp. Her middle name as well as her sisters .
2. Jane b. 1845
3. Charles b. 1849
4.Samuel b. 1847 ; died 1847.
5.Samuel adam b. 1851
6. Franklin/ Franklyn b. born 1857
7. Eleander/Leander b. 1859. ( apparently Leander is Franklin Youngs son- because Esther list only Samuel adam and Franklin b. as minor sons of Atwood Young in Poland, me. 1867.)
Esthers parents are also listed on the 1860 woodstock, census.
Moses Thurlow ae 63
Elsie Thurlow ae 62
James Thurlow ae 5. ( a grandson or gr. grandson?)
In 1870 Esther is living with brother n law ; Franklin Young, In Oxford, me. . She apparently married Franklin between 1867 and 1870.
1870 Oxford, census :
Franklin Young ae 44
Esther Young ae 49
Charles Young ae 21 son
Samuel Young ae 18 son
Franklin Young ae 12 son
Leander Young ae 11 son
Esther Young ae 6 dau.
Apparently Leander and Esther both were fathered by Franklin Young.
Franklin shows up on the 1880 oxford census with Alcadiar Young (other) and Esther Young dau.. I believe Esther was dead by then. ( Daughter ester is wife of Albion Smith , son of John and Rachel Smith-in my mcallister/Smith line.)

I hope we can help each other. how are you related? threw Wendall Smith? my e-mail is : philly@megalink.net

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
philistermac 6 Sep 2004 5:13PM GMT 
jamiebaker123 28 Dec 2012 2:56AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic