Search for content in message boards

where would Gorham Maine be? McLellan

Replies: 15

Re: where would Gorham Maine be? McLellan, McLellen

Posted: 12 Aug 2007 12:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McLellen

Hello Brenda. How nice of you to reply. I'm searching for my gr-gr-grandmother, Sarah A. McLellan. She was born as Sarah Abia Lapham Bibber born March 1835 (she is in the book by Rev. Sinnett "Jacob Johnson and his descendants east and west" pub. 1907. But her death date is not in there.

I do not know "when" she died, but she was alive in the 1920 census of Livermore Town, Maine age 84 as a boarder. But she is not buried with her daughter Lizzie Flewelling or her grand-daughter and her husband, Guy and Louise Dixon, who are in a big Lisbon Cemetery.

I'm Thinking she may be buried in Gorham because she was a McLellan. Her husband, Edgar McLellan was adopted (I do not know which McLellan adopted him either) and was the Captain of the Brig "Rio Grande" which went down in a storm off the coast of the state of Georgia June 1, 1873, so he is buried at sea. (source: Maine Maritime Museum, Bath)

However, Sarah did have a son Edward Arthur McLellan, also born in Boothbay in 1850's. Can not find him and wonder if she went to stay with him because her daughter Lizzie became ill.

Is Gorham in the southern part of Maine? I would be happy to contact some cemeteries in Gorham.

Sorry to bombard you with all of this. You are under no obligation, lol. you know that. She may be on back of a stone of her son, Edward, I'm thinking. hmm.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mclellan_main... 18 Aug 2012 2:08PM GMT 
tschraier 26 Nov 2009 7:47AM GMT 
bbffrrpp 26 Nov 2009 10:54AM GMT 
DBrenda33 12 Aug 2007 5:35PM GMT 
Believer37 12 Aug 2007 6:48PM GMT 
thomaselliott... 4 Sep 2007 4:24PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic