Search for content in message boards

Charles Wesley Allen

Replies: 2

Re: Charles Wesley Allen

Posted: 27 May 2014 9:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Don,

I stumbled on this thread and I am very intrigued. I am also trying to find information on Charles Wesley Allen I believe him to be my great-great-grandfather. My grandfather's name was Chester Llewelyn Allen, his dad was Llewelyn (Louis) Blaine Allen. Both Chester and Louis were born in Minnesota, ~1914 and ~1884 respectively. The 1910 Sumter, Minnesota census has Louis' father as born in New York. But I have it from a family source that before moving to Minnesota they did live in Maine. I do not have much information beyond this and I can't say it's enough for me to call "solid". I know Chester had siblings Harold, Clifford, Vernon, Nelly, and Dale all born in Minnesota. I am also fairly certain that the Allen relations I'm looking for were pastors or at least very involved in the church. Chester had a doctorate in theology but beyond that I'm going off of second and third hand information.

I am very new to genealogy and I'm trying to make sure I do it right, I do not want to head down a wrong path and therefore I'm looking for two or more sources to confirm. I thank you for any light you can shed on this for me.

Craig
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jkacaa 12 Mar 2009 4:31AM GMT 
dangevin1 13 Mar 2009 3:29AM GMT 
craig allen 27 May 2014 3:45PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions