Search for content in message boards

Lothrop Family in Canton

Replies: 0

Lothrop Family in Canton

Posted: 9 Jul 2012 9:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lothrop, Bean, Snow, Porter
I am looking for information about Jacob Lothrop who was married to Mehitabel Bean. According to many user contributed trees, he was married to Sarah Snow and had numerous children, including the last two, Anna Porter and Benjamin Porter. These two were born in 1805 and 1807. A record for marriage intentions between Jacob and Mehitabel, however, was found in March 1803 in Jay, ME (which Canton would then have been a part of). The problem with this is that Sarah had her last child just a couple months later, and did not die for 6 more years. I am trying to establish what the circumstances are here. Were there two Jacob Lothrops in the area? Are the dates wrong for Sarah's death and the birth of her last child? Or were Jacob and Sarah divorced? I am fairly certain that Anna and Benjamin belong to Jacob and Mehitabel, not Sarah, as their middle names fit with the naming pattern of many other children born in the Bean family (Mehitabel's mother was a Porter).

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions