Search for content in message boards

Obituary - Robert J. Wark, Jr. - 1940

Replies: 1

Obituary - Robert J. Wark, Jr. - 1940

Posted: 31 Jul 2009 1:51PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Wark, Vance, MacDougal, Smith, Wheaton, Stubbs
Hi! I came across a Bangor Daily News issue from August 29, 1940 and have transcribed the Obituaries and Funeral announcements for the day. I am not related to any of these people, but I hope someone can use this information.

Robert J. Wark, Jr.

Newport, Aug. 28--Word was received here Wednesday of the sudden death early that morning in Plattsburg, N.Y., of Robert John Wark, Jr., 58.

Mr. Wark, Mrs. Wark, a son, Donald, daughter, Laura E., and son-in-law, Robert Vance, were on a motor trip to New York and were visiting a daughter, Mrs. Mildred MacDougal, in Plattsburg, where his death occurred from a heart attack.

Mr. Wark was born in Caribou and operated a potato farm there for about 20 years. The family came to Newport seven years ago. He was a member of Sebasticook grange.

He was the son of the late Robert J. and Augusta Smith Wark and is survived by his wife, Mrs. Laura B. Wark; four sons, Herbert J., Nathan C., Clifford M., and Donald R. Wark, all of Newport; and three daughters, Mrs. Bertha Vance and Miss Laura Elizabeth Wark of Newport and Mrs. Mildred MacDougal of Plattsburg, N.Y.; two brothers, Daniel and David Wark of Caribou; and two sisters, Mrs. Laura Wheaton of Presque Isle and Mrs. Eliza Stubbs of Caribou.

Funeral arrangements will be announced.

The Bangor Daily News, Bangor, ME, Thursday, August 29, 1940
Transcribed from an original newsprint copy on July 30, 2009 by Tamara McShea
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
TamaraMcShea 31 Jul 2009 7:51PM GMT 
Thepenclw 16 Jun 2013 3:55PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic