Search for content in message boards

OGDEN family in Hampden, ME, near Bangor

Replies: 10

Re: OGDEN family in Hampden, ME, near Bangor

Posted: 14 Jul 2011 10:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Betty,
Thank you for your quick replies.

I just visited a Korean War Project Remembrance website. I think it is the one you are referring to. Thanks for pointing me in this direction. Is this the website you mentioned in your first post, or is there another website about the Ogden family?

The website does have a page about Charles, and comments by 2 relatives. One of the comments is asking about his wife's name.

As I said, I got most of my information about the Ogden's from my Mom and Aunt about 10 or so years ago. We were all together one time when I was home visiting and I asked them to tell me everything they could remember about their aunts and uncles and cousins. They grew up in Cambridge, so they knew their family there pretty well. When they were little their mother (Gladys) would send them to Maine for the summer to stay on the farm with one of their Aunts until they had to go back to Cambridge for school each fall. So they knew their Maine part of the family as well.

They told me that Charles was in the Army reserves. I believe he fought in WWII, and then stayed on in the reserves. He got called up for the Korean War, and unfortunately was killed over there. My Mom and Aunt thought he married a woman named Shirley before he left. They did not know her maiden name. They would have been about 14 and 12 years of age when he died. I know they kept in touch with various people in the family over the years, but I don't think they were close with Shirley.

I have not tried to confirm Shirley's name, so I am only going by what I was told. As I said, I have not tried to research much on my Mom's aunts/uncles/cousins, as they're not in our direct line. I have confirmed information on my grandparents Gladys & Thomas, as well as their parents, with documentation.

Its nice to hear from family and talk about our relatives in common. I know my information isn't definitive, but I hope it helps point others in the right direction. I would be interested in visiting Charlie's website if that is allowed, as well as hearing from him or others in the family.

Thanks again,
Robert

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bbffrrpp 20 Aug 2010 12:14PM GMT 
unitaz 13 Jul 2011 8:17PM GMT 
bbffrrpp 13 Jul 2011 10:30PM GMT 
bbffrrpp 14 Jul 2011 10:22AM GMT 
unitaz 14 Jul 2011 4:10PM GMT 
unitaz 14 Jul 2011 8:23PM GMT 
bbn72 20 Aug 2011 6:20AM GMT 
CROGDEN 21 Feb 2013 5:27AM GMT 
bbffrrpp 14 Jul 2011 2:16PM GMT 
unitaz 14 Jul 2011 4:26PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions