Search for content in message boards

OGDEN family in Hampden, ME, near Bangor

Replies: 10

Re: OGDEN family in Hampden, ME, near Bangor

Posted: 13 Jul 2011 2:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ogden Crossman Angus Wilson Fitzgerald
Hi,
I just came across your post at ancestry.com, and I enjoyed reading it since this is my family. My grandmother was Gladys Nellie Ogden, same family (sister) as the Hazel Ogden you are researching. I am originally from Salem, MA, but now I live in Tucson AZ. Here is some additional information you may be interested in.

Bert Ogden married a women named Mary, and he died in Reading, MA.

Cora M. Ogden married Kyke Luce. They had children Carl, Cora, and Fred. Cora M. Ogden died in Carmel, ME.

Ella P. Ogden married Percy Hyson. They had children Ruth (married Peter Sgro in Cambridge, MA), Florence (maried Duane Lovely in Carmel ME), Lillian (married James Newman), and Edward. Ella P. Ogden died in Maine.

Jessie D Ogden married Beatrice. They had a child Beatrice in Somerville, MA.

Gladys Nellie Ogden married Thomas O'Toole in Cambridge MA. She died in San Diego living with one of her sons in 1983. She had remarried, so her last name there was Pickett.

As you know, Hazel Ogden married John Fitzgerald. I show them with 8 children. (Julia (married John Mabey), Joanne, John, Hazebelle, Doris, Rosemary, Victor, & Judy (married someone last name Nickerson).

Elsie Ogden married John Engler (from West Virginia). They had children James and Charles. She later remarried to a man named Bruce Barry from Scituate, MA.

Charles Ogden was the youngest, born in Hampden ME. He married a woman named Shirley. He was killed in Korea on Dec 1, 1950 in the Korean War.

Most of the above information was given to me by word of mouth from my Mom and my Aunt, who knew all of these people as their aunts & uncles and cousins. Since most of these people aren't in my direct line, I haven't verified their information with documentation.

I do know the parents were James Albert Ogden and Amelia Jane Crossman. James died on Jan 21, 1923 in Hampden, ME. Amelia died on Jun 4, 1931 in Cambridge, MA. I have both of their death certificates, which say they are both buried in Locust grove cemetary in Hampden ME. I have not been there.

The death certificates list their parents names as Jessie Ogden & Rebecca Angus, and James Crossman and Katherine Wilson. I have not been able to trace back any farther. My next avenue of research in this area will probably require looking at Canada census records, etc.

I hope this information is useful. If you know any more about James & Amelia or their parents on back, I would welcome hearing about it.

Good luck in your search.
Robert

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bbffrrpp 20 Aug 2010 12:14PM GMT 
unitaz 13 Jul 2011 8:17PM GMT 
bbffrrpp 13 Jul 2011 10:30PM GMT 
bbffrrpp 14 Jul 2011 10:22AM GMT 
unitaz 14 Jul 2011 4:10PM GMT 
unitaz 14 Jul 2011 8:23PM GMT 
bbn72 20 Aug 2011 6:20AM GMT 
CROGDEN 21 Feb 2013 5:27AM GMT 
bbffrrpp 14 Jul 2011 2:16PM GMT