Search for content in message boards

Seeking Bartlett / Dolbier Information

Replies: 2

Seeking Bartlett / Dolbier Information

Posted: 23 Jun 2013 12:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bartlett, Dolbier
Are there any local researchers that can help me find information on my 2nd Great Grand-parents Jeremiah Wyman Bartlett and Lydia Dolbier?

Jeremiah was born in 1814 in Somerset, Maine and Lydia was born in 1821 in New Portland, Somerset, Maine to Nathan and Mary (Dyer) Dolbier.
The 1850 census has them together in Patten, Penobscot, Maine.
Sometime after 1850, probably around 1855 Lydia died and Jeremiah marries her sister Josephine and by 1862 the family has moved to Wisconsin.

What I'd really like to know is when exactly did Lydia die and where is she buried? I find the Dolbier family very interesting and I know a lot of them are buried in Franklin County but I have been unable to find Lydia there and being as Penobscot is the last know whereabouts of her I thought I'd post this here. That being said, my Great Grandfather, George Preston Bartlett, the last child born to Lydia and Jeremiah in about 1854, says in his obituary that he was born in Aroostook county so it's possible that Lydia died there.

I also would really like to know who Jeremiah Bartlett's parents were. I am at a dead end with him. I did track him out to South Dakota where he died and I got a copy of his obit but there is no mention of his parents. Any help I can get is greatly appreciated. If you'd like to contact me directly me email is rod.bates@charter.net.

Thank you,
Rod Bates
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rodbates_1 23 Jun 2013 6:02AM GMT 
ELLinSpain 24 Jun 2013 7:49AM GMT 
rodbates_1 14 Jan 2014 6:32AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions