Amos Mahoney, John Mahoney, George Mahoney

Posted: 4 Oct 2012 1:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mahoney, Heal, Collemer, Marriner
Hi, I'm trying to find the middle names of the following people:

Amos Mahoney
John Mahoney
George Mahoney

George was my father's father's father's father. John was George's father, and Amos was John's father.

I have their middle initials, but I want to see if it is possible to find their full middle names.

Amos's middle initial MAY have been L.

John's middle initial was F.

George's middle initial was A, but one other source suggests that it might have been H. The amount of sources that state A as his middle initial far outweigh the amount of sources saying that it was H. Only one says H. I speculate that his middle name was either Amos or Arthur. George's grandfather was Amos Mahoney and he also had a grandson named Amos Collemer. George also had a grandson whose middle name was Arthur.

George was born June 20, 1869 in Lincolnville, Waldo, Maine. He married Grace Amanda Heal on February 08, 1896. George died January 17, 1956 in Maine and was buried in Union Cemetery, Lincolnville, Waldo, Maine. George and Grace had two children; Clarence Howard Mahoney and Geneva E Mahoney. Clarence married Marie Mae Smith, Katherine A Stewart and Philomena Mattos and Geneva married Harry M Collemer.

John was born July 02, 1838 in Belmont, Waldo, Maine. He married Emma Jane Heal on October 22, 1868. John died May 08, 1913 in Lincolnville, Waldo, Maine and was buried in Union Cemetery, Lincolnville, Waldo, Maine. John and Emma had one child; George A Mahoney. I have absolutely no idea what John's middle name was. However it may be of interest to know that he is listed on several records as "John F Mahoney II". His paternal grandfather was named John Mahoney. I do not know if that John Mahoney's middle initial was F. However I do know that John F Mahoney II's father Amos had a brother named John F Mahoney who was born in 1825. Since the John who was born in 1825 was also John F Mahoney, that suggests that Amos' father John's middle initial was not F, or else the John F Mahoney born in 1838 would have been called John F Mahoney III, not John F Mahoney II.

I hope whoever is reading this can follow that.

Amos Mahoney was born approximately 1805 in Lincolnville, Waldo, Maine and died sometime between 1852 - 1860 in an unknown location. He married Lucinda H Marriner on July 07, 1831. He was buried in Union Cemetery, Lincolnville, Waldo, Maine, but has no gravestone. It is possible that he died in El Dorado, California, as I found a census record from the 1852 California census of an Amos Mahoney born about 1805 in Maine and living in El Dorado, California. On the 1860 Census, one can find the family of Amos Mahoney living in Maine, but Amos' wife Lucinda was listed as widowed. Maybe Amos left Maine to go to California for the Gold Rush but died there? No idea. His middle initial was listed as L in an online family tree, but I don't know of any records that back this up.

Can anyone help me find the middle names of these three people?

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions