Search for content in message boards

Sewell Mahar

Replies: 4

Re: Sewell Mahar

Posted: 21 May 2014 6:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
JD.
The Cobscook Falls accident happened April 30, 1892 and Sewell's wife, Charlotte Ann Leighton Mahar drowned in the accident.Charlotte was the daughter of Mary Jane Holland and Edmund Leighton and I am related to her through Mary. This accident appeared, and I have the record in the Bangor Daily Whig Courier of May 12, 1892. Sewell's son Daniel Mahar, by his first wife Derindia Leighton was badly hurt. Fred Kelley & Walter Myers, Sewell's Nephews, were thrown in to the River. Captain Grant Mahar was a brother and his full name was Willis Ulysess S. Grant Mahar. Sewell and another relative on Campobello Island had a fascinating love life having four wives. Every one on the boat was related. As far as the Mahar's and Leighton's they are joined at the hip. Edmund Mahar, the Patriarch, lived at Leighton's point, good friend of Hatevil and there children maried. Then 1st cousins married first cousins and even a case where double cousins married double cousins.
I am related to Sewell who is a cousin of mine. His father William Mahar is my Uncle. I am also related to Wiliams wife Anna Mahar who is also my Aunt. Close family isn't it.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
R_Townsend 30 Dec 2006 7:56PM GMT 
amyblack20 31 Dec 2006 8:17PM GMT 
R_Townsend 1 Jan 2007 12:34AM GMT 
JD Rule 25 Apr 2014 9:47PM GMT 
R_Townsend 22 May 2014 12:41AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions