Search for content in message boards

RICE families in Lubec and Eastport, ME

Replies: 0

RICE families in Lubec and Eastport, ME

Posted: 4 Aug 2012 4:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rice, Knight, Kidder
Hello,

I haven't visited this Board for over a year, and I see I haven't mentioned my RICE ancestors before.

Ashbel RICE and Percissa KNIGHT were from Marlborough, MA. After the Rev. War, they moved their family to "Maine." From about 1790-1800 they lived in Digby, Nova Scotia. Just before 1800 they moved over to Lubec and Eastport, ME. They are the couple who started the families in that area.

Daniel V. RICE was their youngest son, b1800 ME, and he married and had 10 children. Their youngest child was Charles W. RICE, b1850 there. Around 1870 he moved down to Winchester, MA, probably to work on a farm. He married there, and they had 2 daughters, Louise and Edith. The daughters might have vacationed in Lubec, as that seems to be how they met George "Sanford" KIDDER, b1870 ME. Louise and Sanford married there, and came down to Winchester to live.

I started genealogy 20+ yrs. ago because of "Grandpa KIDDER." I lived with "Grandma KIDDER" during the 1940's, and was curious why no one ever mentioned Grandpa. I found out.

We have to go out early this morning, so that's all I can say for the moment. I have many more details. But, I've been posting about these families for 11 yrs., so there is a lot of information in the archives of the Lists.

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

(on Lists and Boards for 11 yrs.; now an Admin for 9 Lists and 4 Boards)

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions