Search for content in message boards

New .. Board Administrator

Replies: 0

New .. Board Administrator

Posted: 15 Aug 2012 5:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kidder, Wilkins, Rice, Hutchinson
Hello,

I'd like to tell you that I just adopted this Board last week. I've been researching about Washington County for 20 yrs., and 11 yrs. on-line. It is basically about my KIDDER ancestors, then my WILKINS ancestors, and I tried to find a little information on all their siblings and spouses, etc.

It was about 5 yrs. ago, when I decided to try being an Admin; I started with the CAN-USA-Migration List (now there is a Board). Because of my experiences on the Lists, I decided I wanted to be an easy-going Admin, and that's what I remain. As I have time, I try to participate, but "life" keeps taking up a lot of my time.

In case you are interested, a researcher in Maine has just requested to adopt several other of the Maine / County Boards. He is also an easy-going Admin.

That's all I'll say for now ! Oh, I noticed that the messages on this Board are not gatewayed to the Washington County List. I haven't had time to find out if this should be changed.

Have you checked the archives of this Board to see if you have missed any postings you might have been interested in? I did that last week, and discovered I had not posted about my RICE ancestors in a long time.

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

(on Lists and Boards for 11 yrs.; now an Admin for 9 Lists and 5 Boards)

(Lists also include New-England-Memories, NewEngland-Societies, etc.)

Summary of my ancestors involving Wash. Co. includes:

Calvin KIDDER, b1765 NH, arrived in New Brunswick in 1784. He married much later in 1798 and had his first child in Jan. 1799. Unfortunately, he died at sea - one week later. The son, Joseph "Calvin" KIDDER, b1799 NB, was always known as "Calvin." At Age 30 he moved over to Calais with his twice-widowed mother. He soon met Mary WILKINS from Amity, ME, and married her. They had 6 surviving children, 4 sons and 2 daughters. Only 3 sons and one daughter survived to see Age 21. And only the 3 sons provided them with grandchildren. One of the grandchildren was George "Sanford" KIDDER, b1870 Princeton. He married in 1898 to Louise RICE of Winchester, MA, and he went there to live with her. Her father, Charles RICE, b1850 Lubec, came down to Winchester around 1970 and met and married Adelaide Crosby HUTCHINSON of the HUTCHINSON Farm.

Mary's parents, Samuel and Electra (unknown) WILKINS, are "concrete-block walls" for me in many directions. And, yet, I am descended from them twice. Their son, George, had a daughter, Clarissa, who married Joseph KIDDER, son of "Calvin."

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions