Search for content in message boards

White family of Grand Lake Stream

Replies: 10

Re: White family of Grand Lake Stream

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 10:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wilkins
That's exactly right.

I've been researching my KIDDER line for well over 20 yrs., and I looked into each family along the way. I'd love to write a short book about them. But, one thing I did was to write a one-page report on how each KIDDER ancestors, back to 1650's and up to 1950's, "escaped death" in order to carry on the line. The patriarch had already fathered 12 children when he was killed during the "Indian Wars." Down to a grandson, his wife was pregnant with their 5th son when he "dropped dead." His son had already had his children when one day he had to climb a tall tree - quick in a hurry - to escape "the Indians" in NH. His son went up to New Brunswick at 18, and didn't marry for 15 yrs. One week after his only child was born he was killed in a boating accident. His son was almost killed in the 'Great Miramichi Fire' in N.B. - before he married. His son fought in the Civil War and was seriously injured. But returned to Maine to marry his cousin and have 6 children. His son left home at 15 to become a logger / woodsman and probably got into tough situations. He married first to marry a woman who died 6 mos. later. He then married my great-grandmother and had 3 children. Etc.

Betty

P.S. J. Calvin KIDDER married M. WILKINS, and her parents in Amity, ME, are a "concrete-block wall" in a half-dozen directions. I "wish" I could write a story about them. My "educated guess" is that her grandparents were William WILKINS and Sarah BANCROFT who had lost 3 to 5 young children and had a surviving daughter. They left MA to move up along the river in ME. I'm guessing she had a child after arriving but died as a result of childbirth. I think William asked another family to raise his young daughter and newborn son - and that's why we can't trace the son.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bdloveall 16 Jan 2013 5:23PM GMT 
ELLinSpain 17 Jan 2013 8:44AM GMT 
bdloveall 17 Jan 2013 5:06PM GMT 
thomasker2 18 Jan 2013 6:03PM GMT 
bdloveall 18 Jan 2013 7:02PM GMT 
thomasker2 18 Jan 2013 7:33PM GMT 
bbffrrpp 4 Feb 2013 11:10AM GMT 
bdloveall 4 Feb 2013 3:59PM GMT 
bbffrrpp 4 Feb 2013 5:01PM GMT 
JaneSanderman... 5 Feb 2013 4:08PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions