Search for content in message boards

Early Jonesborough Families of Washington County Maine

Replies: 0

Early Jonesborough Families of Washington County Maine

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 8:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: West, Tenney, Sinclair
I am looking for someone who has a copy of the book entitled, "Early Jonesborough Families of Washington County Maine." I can not afford the price tag of the book (when I have located it for sale). I was wondering if anyone that has a copy of the book could transcript, scan or whatever could provide me with the information on page 25.

I had come across a source in relation to my GGG Grandfather, John William West. The source cited the book and page 25. I would love to know what the page contains. I have hit a major roadblock with John William West, my family can not locate names of his parents, if he had siblings, exactly where he was born (we have found reports that he was born in Gouldsboro, ME, Desert Island, ME and other records that say he was from Wisconsin and the West Indies. I also heard rumor that he was adopted by a Sea Captain from the Addison, ME area and he took John in and back to America with him from either the West Indies or India. Regardless he has been quite the mystery for me and my family. Our family tree stops dead with him.

I don't know what else the book includes, but any help anyone could offer would be GREATLY appreciated.

Here is a quick over view with some dates and names of the older members in my family line (that might help verify John William West within the above mentioned book or other sources).

John William West (1828-1905)
(married in 1857) Prudence Tenney (1838-1899)
Their children:
- Uriah E. West (1858-1938)
- Mary (1861-)
- Ernest Daniel/Daniel Ernest (1864-1946)
- Eunice, Female, (1866-)
- Willie, Male, (1871-)
- Blanche, Female, (~1879-1942)

Uriah E. West
(married in 1884) Aurilla Sinclair (1855-1905)
Their children:
John Edward, Male (1886-1962)
George B., Male (1885-)
Ernest E., Male (1888-1918)
Daniel E., Male (1890-)
Uriah, Male (1892-1892)
William “Willie” Edgar (1893-1905)
There was a 7th child that did not survive, that I can not find any record of, name, etc.

I've been told there is a second book entitled, Early Pleasant River Families of Washington County, Maine. Not sure if anyone has that book as well and could let me know if there is any reference to my family members within the books' pages.

I greatly appreciate any help you could offer. I just can't afford the price tag attached to both books.

Thank you.

~ Mike West
michael7668@yahoo.com

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions