Search for content in message boards

Lewis Bean (Luis Bane) Scotsman?? to York ME 1600s

Replies: 0

Lewis Bean (Luis Bane) Scotsman?? to York ME 1600s

Posted: 2 Aug 2013 1:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bean, Bane
Trying to find more info about my ancestor Lewis Bean, whom according to what some say, was a Scot prisoner sent to the Colonies by Cromwell...but from what I can tell he isn't on any prisoner lists?
I did find two seperate OLD books about Maine history and New England history (via Google books) talking about a Lewis Bean who came to Boston MA in 1670 from the Isle of Jersey; who then died and his SON Lewis went to York ME and settled there...but this seems to contradict what I found Here
http://w3.salemstate.edu/~ebaker/Beanweb/beanindex.html
that site has some transcripts of a Luis Bane/Lewis Bean being granted Land in 1669 in York and again in 1671. And I have found other books that seem to list Lewis's son Lewis in military history in the 1700s (pertaining to Native raids).
I know the son I come from; Joseph Bean (Capt.) was captured at the Candlemas Massacre/Raid on York in 1692.
Does anyone know anything about Lewis and his true origins or better yet less contradictory sources?
Thanks a bunch for any help!
~R

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions