Search for content in message boards

BERWICK, YORK, MAINE - Describe

Replies: 5

Re: BERWICK, YORK, MAINE - Describe

Posted: 15 Jun 2006 11:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Jul 2006 8:51PM GMT
Hi Valerie,
We have contacted each other before...quite awhile ago. We are from the same James Warren, 1st line, but I descend thru James(1) to James (2) to John to Ichabod, Sr. to Henry to Mark Warren, Sr. to my gr-grandmother Margaret Ellen "Nellie" (Warren) BRULEY to grandmother Maude (Bruley) STRINGER to mother Hazel (Stringer) ANDERSEN.

Is the cemetery you are refering to, found in the book titled "Dunnybrook"? This book has a map inside the cover. If so, I have been to the Warren cemetery there and there are not very many graves there and they are very old. We had a lot of Quakers in our ancestry and they did not put up headstones, but merely set a fair sized rock there to mark the graves. However, there is a grave of one of the Warren's that has a monument because he served in the Revolutionary War. I think it was Columbia Warren. I just checked in My Pictures on my computer and I guess I did not save it to my computer, but somewhere I do have a picture of that grave and the tiny cemetery and also the land that was James(1) on what is now called Earles Road.

There are other WARREN's in California in San Bernardino and around that area that are thru my line of Ichabod, Henry and Mark, Sr. and then Mark, Jr. I keep in touch with several of them.

I do hope to go back to Maine again and do some more searching for graves, etc., but not sure when.

Myrna
myrnajparker@hotmail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
valerie austin 3 Apr 2005 7:12AM GMT 
ebharlowe1 12 Jun 2005 5:40AM GMT 
Valerie Austin 14 Jun 2005 5:27AM GMT 
@@myrnajparke... 16 Jun 2006 5:40AM GMT 
lauriejaxon 6 Dec 2011 12:30AM GMT 
THawkins 3 Sep 2012 1:08PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic