John Smith b.1828,Nova Scotia or PEI,mar.Mary ? had 7 ch.b.Doyle Rd.Lot 7,Canton Twp.Prince Co.Prince Edward Island Maine U.S.connections with some descendants.
Edited: 28 Jun 2012 6:41AM
Surnames: Smith, McDougall/MacDougall, Ross,Waite
No info seen regarding researchers of this particular Smith family, from family trees.
Would be interested hearing from anyone related.
PARENTS: John Smith born April 22, 1838 Nova Scotia,Canada or Prince Edward Island. died after 1911, likely PEI. was mar. too Mary UNKNOWN born March 17, 1837 Prince Edward Island who died 1902- 1910 (estimated) likelydied lot 11,Prince Co.PEI.
- - - - - - - - - -
This COUPLE, John SMITH b. 1838 & Mary UNKNOWN, had SEVEN SMITH children, all born and baptized. Doyle Rd.,lot 7,lot7,Burton,Canton Twp.Prince Co.PEI. Some of the children,s baptismal records, state the name of the Church they were baptized in, as St. Peters Anglican,Alberton,PEI.
- - - - - - - - - -
CHILDREN of John SMITH b. 1838 & Mary UNKNOWN:
1)Charlotte (Charlotta/Sharlotte) Anne Smith born October 22, 1861 Doyle Rd.Burton, Lot 7,Canton Twp.Prince Co.PEI who MARRIED: Bet. 1882 - 1887, Alexander McDOUGALL b. Dec.15 1846 native of Bideford, Lot 12, P.E.I.- this couple &some of their children, moved to Maine,U.S.
2) Nancy Johnson SMITH b. January 11, 1865 Doyle Rd. lot7,Canton Twp.Prince Co.PEI,baptized,8 July 1870,lot 7,PEI, likely at St. Peters Anglican,Alberton,PEI
3) Mary Catherine Smith born July 12,1867 Doyle Rd.,lot7,Canton Twp.Prince Co.PEI,baptized,8 July 1870,lot 7,PEI, likely at St. Peters Anglican,Alberton,PEI
4) Penelope (Penzey) Elizabeth Smith born June 1,1869 lot 7,Canton Twp.Prince Co.PEI,bapt.8 July 1870,PEI,likely at St. Peters Anglican,Alberton,PEI
5) Rebecca SMITH born July 4 1872 Doyle Rd.lot7,Canton Twp.Prince Co.PEI,baptized,12 June 1874lot7,PEI,possibly at St. Peters Anglican,Alberton,PEI
6) John James Smith born Feb. 15, 1875 Doyle Rd.lot7,Canton Twp.Prince Co.PEI,baptized, 21 February 1877, lot 7,poss.at St. Peters Anglican,Alberton,PEI
7) William "Alfred" Smith born June 14, 1880 Doyle Rd.lot7,Canton Twp.Prince Co.PEI,baptized, 9 September 1880,lot7,PEI poss.at St. Peters Anglican,Alberton,PEI. This man, likely went by his middle name, Alfred SMITH, and he probably,ving 1911,as Alfred Smith as mar.with ch.beside Alfred,s widowed father,& single brother John James Smith,lot 11,Canton Twp.Prince Co.PEI
Wm.Alfred SMITH born June14,1880, likely mar. a woeman named Eva Jane UNKNOWN born, Abt. April 1884 PEI, English Ethnic,
Children, of Wm.Alfred SMITH b. 1880 & Eva Jane Unknown, included:
a) William Sydney SMITH born August 14, 1908 Inverness,PEI,bapt.22 October 1908,Anglican Ch.,Port Hill,PEI, There is a border crossing record for this Wm.S. SMITH, visted mar.sis.in 1928,who lvd,in Maine U.S.wholvd.222Cumberland Ave.Maine, moth lvd.West Devon,PEI,in1928,listed as next of kin
b) Mary Eliza Smith Born March 11, 1910 res.Inverness,PEI,bapt.4 Oct 1911,at Anglican Ch.,Port Hill, PEI, Either this Mary E. Smith or a sister, married, Thos.H.Gross & lvd.1928,222 Cumberland Ave,Maine, U.S
c)Annie (sp.?) Olive Smith born before 1908 PEI
- - - - - -
The JOHN SMITH born April April 22, 1838 Nova Scotia or PEI, who was mar. too MARY UNKNOWN born March 17, 1837 PEI. had the above SEVEN, SMITH children. The family lvd, from 1861-1891,Doyle Rd.,lot7,Burton,Canton Twp.Prince Co.PEI and then mvd. and lvd. 1901-1911, lot 11,Canton Twp.PEI
- - - -
So far, I,ve had no luck finding any of their descendants or researchers. Charlotte SMITH born October 22, 1861 Doyle Rd.,Lot 7, Burton,Canton Twp. PEI, is my GREAT GRANDMOTHER.
Any help appreciated, Nancy from Ontario Canada