Search for content in message boards

Swartz Cemetery?

Replies: 38

Re: Swartz Cemetery?

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 11:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: First German United Evangelical Church of the City of Baltimore
I am a direct descendant of one of the founders of the The First German United Evangelical Church (now known as the Evangelical Church of Baltimore) and Cemetery (also known as Schwartz Cemetery). I know quite a bit about the history of the church through land records and Baltimore Sun articles as well as the original church records. The Cemetery located at 6115 O'Donnell Street continues to be owned and maintained by the Church Congregation at 1728 Eastern Avenue. I wonder where this Hawks Penny information comes from as I can not find any reference to it in the Maryland Land Record. I did see a reference when I Google it but you can also see The First German Evangelical Church Cemetery at the same address (This is the correct ownership). I have copies of the Church records dating back to the founding of the church and cemetery. I have also been lucky enough to see the original documents as well. I started working with the church to preserve the church records.

As an FYI the church closed in April 2012 and is now on the market for an incredibly reasonable price. It would make a great German Immigration Heritage Museum. The church is quite beautiful inside and has a four lane bowling alley.

You may contact me directly if you have an inquiry. I will try to help you.

george.garmer@verizon.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DHabben 26 Sep 2012 11:39PM GMT 
cantonator 20 Jan 2013 6:41PM GMT 
sljraj 14 Mar 2013 6:34PM GMT 
BarbaraQuasny 14 Mar 2013 8:55PM GMT 
cantonator 15 Mar 2013 3:36PM GMT 
DHabben 26 Sep 2012 11:42PM GMT 
DHabben 27 Sep 2012 2:19AM GMT 
margaretbarte 26 Sep 2012 2:27PM GMT 
BarbaraQuasny 26 Sep 2012 11:05PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions