Search for content in message boards

Joseph Wesley SWINDELL - Descendant and/or Relatives

Replies: 0

Joseph Wesley SWINDELL - Descendant and/or Relatives

Posted: 1 Dec 2012 1:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Swindell, Gilmore, DeRosa
I’m searching for information on descendants and/or relatives, neighbors, etc., of; Mr. Pat DeRosa & his wife Mrs. Maxine (Gilmore) DeRosa of Mt, Kisco, NY; and Maxine’s sister Mrs. Pearl (Gilmore) Gammill of Fairland that lived in Westchester, NY in 1948 when Mrs. Maxine Gilmore DeRosa died and funeral services were in Whites Plains, NY, followed by graveside service at the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery in Tarrytown, NY.
Mrs. DeRosa was born in Ottawa County Kansas and at tended school in Quapaw and Baxter Springs, Kansas.
She was survived by her husband, Pat DeRosa, Mt. Kisco; two sons, George E. (or Harry Edward) Swindell of California, and JOSEPH WESLEY SWINDELL of Baltimore, Md.; one sister Pearl Gammill of Fairland; and one brother Byron F. Gilmore, a Farmer, in Tenn.
Maxine Gilmore from Baxter Springs, Kansas and William Ralph Swindell from Liberty County, Georgia was married on March 22, 1926 in Girard, Kansas and apparently moved to Miami, Ottawa County, Oklahoma.
Maxine and her first husband (My Uncle William Ralph Swindell) and their two small sons (Harry Swindell & JOSEPH SWINDELL) lived in Miami, Ottawa County, Oklahoma when they filed for a divorce on May 12, 1929. Divorce final 1930.
Maxine and her two children were living in Pasadena, California in 1935 per 1940 US Census in New York.
Maxine (Gilmore) Swindell and her two sons Harry E. and Joseph Wesley Swindell were living with Maxine’s brother Byron Gilmore and his wife Melie Gilmore and their three children – Juanita, Bety, and Ernest Gilmore – Greenburg, Westchester County, New York when the 1940 US Census were recorded.
Maxine and Pat DeRosa were married after the 1940 US Census and sometime before her death in 1948 in Westchester County, N. Y. Maxine’s two sons had moved; Harry to California and JOSEPH WESLEY SWINDELL to BALTOMORE, MARYLAND and Maxine’s brother; Byron Gilmore had relocated to Tenn. before she passed away in 1948. [Ref Maxine’s Obituary published in the MIAMI DAILY NEWS-RECORD, MIAMI, OKLA, SUNDAY JANUARY 25, 1948]
Any information on descendants and/or leads on any of the folks named in this posting are appreciated. Mrs. Maxine Gilmore DeRosa was my aunt and her two sons were my first cousins. I’m in the process of extending our family-tree to include these folks and their descendants. (My uncle William Ralph Swindell, a Miner, died in Butte; Silver Bow County, Montana on December 15, 1950 and is buried with a World War-1 Veteran Grave Monument, in the Mountain View Cemetery, Butte, Silver Bow County, Montana.)

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions