Search for content in message boards

DONALDSON, JEFFRIES, HARVEY

Replies: 0

DONALDSON, JEFFRIES, HARVEY

Steve Balcom (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 1998 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query

I have been unable to find any information on my gggm, MARY ANN DONALDSON of Baltimore who married WILLIAM GROOME HARVEY (1809-1865), probably ca. 1830. Mary Ann was called "Polly." and she appears in the 1860 Census in the town of North East, Cecil County, MD with her husband and 5 children:
1. SARAH SOPHIA (HARVEY) JEFFRIES (1835-1908),
2. GEORGE WASHINGTON HARVEY (1837-1897),
3. MARY ELIZABETH HARVEY (1840-?),
4. WILLIAM SEWALL HARVEY (1842-1899),and
5. ANNIE MARIE (HARVEY) CLARK (1848-?).
Also in the house are Sarah's husband, WILLIAM JAMES JEFFRIES (1830-1864) and their son, LEWIS, age 5.
The forementioned Wm J Jeffries was later a Sgt. with the MD 8th in the Civil War and died in 1864 during the battle at Cold Harbor. In his military files there is a poignant letter from his sister, ELIZABETH JEFFRIES DONALDSON, written in September of '63 to the Surgeon General of the US. In that letter, she requests her injured brother's transfer to a hospital in Baltimore. The mailing adress on that letter is "ELIZABETH DONALDSON. #3 ABBEY'S ALLEY, FEDERAL HILL, BALTIMORE. MARYLAND." Does anybody have any information on this family? Are they related to MARY ANN DONALDSON's family, also of Baltimore?
Thanks in advance for ANY information that might resolve this impasse. If anyone is interested in the descendants of this line, from the Civil War to the present, I would be more than happy to share all I have.
Steve Balcom
sbalcom@webtv.net

Find a board about a specific topic