Search for content in message boards

John Craddock, b. 1763, d. 1853, Hart County, Kentucky

Replies: 0

John Craddock, b. 1763, d. 1853, Hart County, Kentucky

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 12:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to find out who the parents are of John Craddock, b. 1763, Amelia, Virginia, d. 1853, Hart County, Kentucky. I have seen the Kentucky Death Record listing David and Sarah as his parents, but have not been able to find one bit of evidence that this is true. I also have a bad feeling that the information listed is incorrect - having just received the Death Certificates of my grandparents, and finding large and confusing errors on each. I have spent some time researching David Craddock - son of William Craddock, b. 1714, Amelia, VA. He could be the son of William's first wife, Mary Cross, or his second, Hannah Harper. There are at least 3 different David Craddocks in the area at that time, and I haven't been able to determine an exact date of birth, mother or wife. I do have a copy of William Craddock's will, and he does list David as a son. There is the question of David's wife, Elizabeth Bagley, as well, but they would have been married after the birth of John. So, who is John's mother. Sarah Hilliard? I have found several, none married to David Craddock, and none the right age to be John's mother. I am also trying to establish if David was in the Revolutionary War, which I am almost certain that he was. I have a copy of a pension request, listing him as an Ensign under Rowland Ward, but can't find anything else. His brothers are everywhere, which leads me to wonder if he was perhaps much younger, in which case he might not have been old enough to be the father of John. My family history has John's (not to be confused with John Hill Craddock) father as William Cross Craddock and his mother as Obedience Hill, but maybe this was just wishful thinking or forgetfulness on someone's part long ago. If you have any information regarding any of these topics, please let me know. Craddocks are so confusing. Thank you so much. Holly

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions